Crisp flaky layers of puff pastry separated by fluffy layers of lemon cream & berries arranged in a patriotic pattern. Easy delicious American Flag Dessert!
American Flag Dessert
©Tangled with Taste by TangledWithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Desserts” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Tasteon Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
An easy delicious flag dessert that tastes even better than it looks! Puff pastry brushed with corn syrup and baked to crisp flakiness, topped with fluffy delicious lemon cream and then covered in bright colored berries to form an American Flag pattern.
It is up to you whether you make one large American Flag Dessert Napoleon, or multiple mini ones. You do need to know that if you plan to make multiple mini ones, you need to cut the puff pastry sheets to size BEFORE baking.
American Flag Dessert
If tomorrow all my things were gone
I’d work for all my life.
And I had had to start again,
With just my children and my life.
Then I’d thank my lucky stars to be livin’ here today,
Cause the flag still stand for freedom and they can’t take that away
Personal size American Flag Dessert
“I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” -W.L Wilkie
And I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free
And I won’t forget the ones who died who gave that right to me
And I’ll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
America Flag Party Food
Important Recipe Notes:
- Some puff pastry sheets take longer to cook than others. Like literally up to double the time when the sheets are covered. If your puff pastry sheets don’t look golden or cooked when the called for amount of time has been spent then it is not finished cooking. Continue to bake until golden and crisp.
- You do not HAVE to have the puff pastry covered with a second pan. This is solely to keep it even for esthetic purposes. It will not affect the flavor at all. For a more puffy though perhaps not evenly puffed pastry: bake uncovered.
Recipe for American Flag Dessert- Raspberry Lemon Napoleon
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, cut down the middle in exact half (so that you now have two long rectangles rather than one square).
- -OR- 2 Rectangular Sheets of Puff Pastry
- 2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Fresh berries - Raspberries or Strawberries for the red stripes and blueberries or blackberries for the square of blue.
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 8oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 3/4 c powder sugar
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- On a baking sheet topped with parchment paper, lay your puff pastry sheets.
- Cover puff pastries with a second sheet of parchment paper, and top with a second baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-30 minutes (depending on the brand of puff pastry you choose to use).
- When light tan in color; Remove from oven, and brush the top of each pastry with 1 tablespoon of Light Corn Syrup each.
- Place back in the oven for 6-7 more minutes until puff pastries are golden brown and corn syrup is bubbly.
- Immediately sprinkle each sheet with a small amount of brown sugar and salt.
- Let cool.
- Whip your heavy cream until it is thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the cream cheese, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Then add the powder sugar and salt and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Spoon together your whipped cream and your cream cheese mixture.
- At this point, I like to scoop the lemon crème into a piping bag with a large tip opening and pipe it onto my baked sheets of puff pastry.
- Top with fresh berries in the design of your choice and enjoy!
- ***It is up to you whether you make one large American Flag Dessert Napoleon, or multiple mini ones. You do need to know that if you plan to make multiple mini ones, you need to cut the puff pastry sheets to size BEFORE baking.