Bacon Cinnamon Roll Turkeys for the Thanksgiving win! Here you will find instructions for the cutest little Turkeys with bacon tails and candy corn noses.
Bacon Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “BEST FOOD EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.
I recently did a sponsored post with Rhodes Bake and Serv where I used their frozen Cinnamon Rolls to create the most divine Maple Bacon Pecan Cinnamon Rolls. Y’all they are incredible.
Anyway, when I am making a recipe, I do a lot of recipe testing. We deliver the “fails” too our friends and neighbors, or we experiment further with them.
Fun Thanksgiving Kid Foods
I’d like to introduce you to the cutest “fail” ever! My kiddos loved these and I’m thinking they might be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu this year! Maybe not for the actual feast, but everyone needs breakfast before the afternoon “real” Turkey.
And as I pointed out in my Maple bacon pecan cinnamon rolls post, if you’re using the Rhodes frozen rolls they can rise in the fridge overnight so only baking and accessorizing is required next morning.
How to make Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
The video above showed how to make these adorable turkeys. Here are a couple quick tips though:
- Cook your bacon flat on parchment paper or tinfoil, using a cookie sheet in the oven.
- From the bottom, slightly push the center of the cinnamon rolls upward before frosting.
- Drizzle the frosting rather than spatula-ing it.
- Put your candy portrait style on the turkey’s face rather than landscape.
- For the turkey’s wattle I use mini MMs in red. You can use any red candy though. Ie: red hots or licorice.
Turkey shaped foods
I used pecans for my turkey’s feet because I think they’re delicious and they look cute. However, there are other great options to use if you prefer to avoid the use of tree-nuts. Those options include:
- Pretzel sticks
- Those brown colored candy corns
- Excess dough cut and baked to shape
Enough talk, let’s create!
Recipe for Cinnamon Roll Turkeys:
- Cinnamon Rolls and Icing
- 3 pieces of Bacon per cinnamon roll, cooked
- Candy Eyes
- Candy corns
- Red Candies
- On the outermost ring of the cinnamon rolls pull the dough slightly apart.
- Slide half pieces of cooked bacon into that ring, slightly overlapping each other to create the tail.
- Place your red candy on the opposite side of the ring and put the candy corn directly above and touching the red candy, to form the beak.
- Put two candy eyes above the beak.
- Put a little icing on the end of your pecans and then place the icing side under the edge of the cinnamon rolls to make the feet.
- Take pictures and enjoy!
Leave a Reply