Bacon is life. Make any salad better with this incredible, (and incredibly fast and easy to make), Bacon Vinaigrette dressing.
Bacon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Change the heart of any salad hater with this dressing: Amazing fresh and warm on a spinach salad, or chilled and slightly reheated later. Good with Brussel sprouts, avocado, shrimp, etc…. This Bacon vinaigrette dressing is incredible y’all!
Applebee’s Bacon Vinaigrette
So here’s the story of how this bacon vinaigrette was inspired.
I recently divorced. If you read my Instagram Vulnerability Posts then that is no big surprise. I’ve been struggling with it….
Anyway, right after the divorce I was ultra depressed. My sweet girlfriends helped lighten things up by going with me to a fun dinner and a great Gatsby gala.
The dinner was at a place called Dead Fish. Yeah, the name makes it sound crazy unappetizing. Surprisingly the food was pretty okay. I really enjoyed the shrimp tacos. BUT the star of the meal was the bacon vinaigrette dressing. I was literally dipping my finger in it because it was so delightful!
Someone mentioned it was similar to the one at Applebes. I’ve never tried their bacon vinaigrette, so I can’t guarantee that.
What I CAN guarantee is that this one is crazy delicious and you’re gonna LOVE it!!!
Good things to pair with your bacon vinaigrette dressing:
In the pictures on this post, I paired the bacon vinaigrette in a delicious baby arugula, shrimp, avocado and candied walnuts salad. It was amazing!!! Recipe coming soon. However, the pairing with this dressing don’t stop there. Other great combinations include:
- BLT Salad: Make a simple Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato salad topped with bacon vinaigrette!
- Spinach Salad: Spinach, and strawberries with walnuts or pecans and feta. Perfect topped with this dressing!
- Cobb Salad: You can’t go wrong topping a salad with cucumber, eggs, cheese, all the sliced veggies, and then dressing it in this wonderful vinaigrette!
The nice thing about this vinaigrette is that the vinegar flavor is not too prominent. It’s just enough to give the dish some tang, but not to overpower.
How to store your bacon vinaigrette
This is a dressing that can be made ahead of time then stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (or longer, but I’ve always eaten it too fast to get an exact amount of time). You will notice that because of the bacon grease, the dressing solidifies.
When ready to use, after refrigeration, pop the dressing in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds to one minute or until it is liquid again. Then shake well to reincorporate all the ingredients.
Recipe for Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 8 slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 TBS Minced Shallots
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp favorite mustard
- 1/2 TBS Sugar
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the chopped bacon in a sauce pan in a single layer and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain, reserving the bacon drippings and grease still in the pan.
- With the heat off, add the minced shallots to the hot bacon drippings and let sit as you follow the next steps.
- In a blender combine all other ingredients and blend.
- Then add the bacon drippings with shallots, and half the bacon pieces; continue to blend until well emulsified and smooth.
- stir in the remaining bacon and serve over salad.