Indian Butter Chicken inspired: Chicken braised in butter and coconut milk, tomato paste, ginger, garlic and spices. Fast, easy recipe that tastes insanely good.
Fast Butter Chicken Recipe with Coconut Milk
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Originally posted in 2022. Reposted for easy finding.
Indian inspired butter chicken made with a delicious blend of spices and creamy coconut milk. It’s such a cozy dish, tastes creamy and a little spicy. Most of all; it’s absolutely delicious!
Healthy Butter Chicken Recipe
Two things of note:
- To make this recipe slightly less fatty, you can leave out the butter. Additionally, you could use low fat coconut milk. I advise against it because you won’t have such a creamy sauce. However, it will still taste good should you choose to do that for health purposes.
- This recipe is incredibly simple to make. However, if you are a visual person; I made a step by step video found here.
Best Butter Chicken Recipe
This recipe takes about 20 minutes from start to finish to make. I’m not making it the traditional way, but the flavors are on point.
We like to serve this with any or all of the following:
- Traditional naan bread (I buy bite size naan bites from my local grocer)
- Garlic Roti
- Coconut Rice
- Air-fryer Green Beans
Also, the cilantro is totally optional. The dish tastes good with or without it. I prefer the fresh kick it gives the dish, but I know for some people cilantro tastes like toothpaste.
- 2 pounds Chicken, cut into chunks
- 5-6oz Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp ginger
- Garlic Salt
- 2 TBSP Masala Indian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2+ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
- 3 TBS Butter
- 4-6oz Tomato Paste
- 14 oz full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh Cilantro
- Combine chicken, yogurt, and spices in a pan. Stir together and let sit for five minutes.
- Add butter to pan and turn on the stove, med-high heat.
- Cook chicken and butter together for approximately 5 minutes, stirring together.
- Push chicken to edges of the pan, and add tomato paste. Let sit over heat for 2 minutes, then stir tomato paste together with the chicken.
- Pour coconut milk over chicken, stir everything together, and drop heat to low.
- Let everything simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and ENJOY!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please consider leaving a positive review and sharing with your friends!