This Crockpot Chicken Apple Sausage Chowder post is sponsored by Kroger & Tyson. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own.
This crockpot chicken apple sausage chowder is easier to make than you think and is unbelievably creamy, flavorful, and full of hearty deliciousness.
Crockpot Chicken Apple Sausage Chowder
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Comfort Soups” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Soup season has come and a delicious bowl of crockpot chowder is exactly what you need in your life to make your day a very glorious one!
How to make Chowder
If you don’t know, chowder is actually a very simple soup to prepare and by making it in a crockpot: it’s simplicity incarnate.
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot, being sure to sprinkle the flour evenly.
- Let Cook.
- Sprinkle with Fresh Parsley
One note of import: Like most soups, this Crockpot Chicken Apple Sausage Chowder is even better on day two and three after the flavors have had time to mature and meet one another.
Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages
I first tried Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages cooked over a fire at the beach about 7 years ago. Made from high quality meats and ingredients, they were full of unexpected flavor. In that moment, they were the most delightful thing I’d ever eaten.
Since that time I have included these clean label sausages in any number of dishes: from breakfast hash, to campfire dinners… and of course in this glorious chowder. They’re made from all-natural ingredients that are combined in delicious, unexpected ways.
Best crockpot soup recipe
Soup season is the best because soups are so delightful. I love how you don’t have to create any extra sides but instead get to curl up with your meal-in-one bowl of warm comfort.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as me and mine have!
Oh and one more quick note: Don’t omit the fresh parsley at the end! It takes your soup next level.
Recipe for Crockpot Chicken Apple Sausage Chowder:
- 8 Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages, browned on the sides and then chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cups Baby Golden Potatoes, or regular golden potatoes chopped into one inch cubes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 3 cubes Chicken Bullion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Dash or two of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 TBS Flour
- 1.5 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 C Milk
- 1 C Water
- 3 TBS minced Fresh Italian Parsley
- Combine all ingredients except the Parsley in a crockpot.
- Cook on High for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir and serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over the top.