Creamy and Silky Chocolate Hazelnut filling with Rich Cream Cheese and Fluffy Cool Whip in a Crunchy Oreo Crust. Easy and fast recipe for a delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie.
Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Goodies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie is such a fast easy recipe. Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie is one of those desserts you want to make when you only have minutes to make it but still want to impress. It’s beautiful to look at and even more fabulous to eat! The filling is a mix of cream cheese, sweet hazelnut creamer, rich melted chocolate, and fluffy cool whip. Then I topped this gorgeous silk pie with crunchy chocolate hazelnut candies. Yummy!
Secret Family Recipes:
When I was little, we had a neighbor that would bring chocolate silk pie to us on our birthdays. The pie was always topped with M&Ms and had an Oreo crust and I thought it was the best thing since butter! What made this particular silk pie that much more exciting was that this neighbor of ours absolutely flat out refused to share her recipe. My mom asked often, but it was a “Family Secret”. We would hear our mom say stuff about needing to figure out that recipe; Especially after we moved across states and our neighbor wasn’t able to drop by on birthdays anymore.
Side note: I don’t really get the whole keeping recipes a secret. Then again, I have a food blog so obviously food secrets isn’t something I believe in. Hahaha! Someone please explain the reasons behind keeping something wonderful all to yourself?
Anyway, eventually my mom started making her own version of silk pie and I’ve been using that as my starting place for many a silk pie over the years. However, I’ve made them more for adults with Hazelnuts and Salted Caramels and Peppermint Mocha, rather than sticking with the original M&Ms that used to rock my world. Have you tried my Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie yet? You’re going to love it!
A couple tricks to make this SUPER EASY!
- I use a pre-made Oreo crust. You can make your own Oreo crust, and there are some fantastic recipes out there to do so. I just feel like the pre-made one is so darn good that I will apply the philosophy of “If it aint broke don’t fix it” (wait that might not work in this situation!) and save myself some precious time that I can apply to eating this fabulous silk pie and then making a second one. Ha!
- Additionally, the Hazelnut Coffee Creamer. This stuff is the bomb! I use it in Hot cocoa and have heard it’s amazing in Coffee. I also love to use it to flavor frosting. So don’t be worried that the silk pie calls for so little, because you can put it to good use elsewhere.
- Next, The Cream cheese. Be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. If it is not soft, it will not make for such a silky chocolate silk pie filling.
- The chocolate chips you melt for the chocolate silk pie filling. It is completely up to you whether you use milk or dark chocolate. Sometimes I will even use a mix of the two or even chocolate melting wafers.
- I put the Chocolate Hazelnut Silk pie in the freezer to make it set fast. However, if it freezes completely; be sure you take it out of the freezer at least an hour or two before serving. If you wont be serving your Chocolate Hazelnut Silk pie until the following day, I would let it set in the refrigerator rather than the freezer.
- Finally, the garnish. Don’t sprinkle your chopped Hazelnut Candies (I use these) until right before serving; Otherwise they wont keep their crunch, and trust me; you want those contrasting textures.
This Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie is the perfect Holiday Pie! Serve it up as dessert following your Christmas Turkey or perhaps a Rack of Pork. It definitely compliments this Beef Tenderloin. You and your guests will love it all!
Well that’s enough Blabbering from me. I believe it is time for the actual recipe for this super delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie…
Recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Silk Pie:
- 1 Oreo Crust
- 1 8oz Package Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips or wafers
- 1/4 cup Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- 1 16 oz or 2 8z containers Cool Whip
- Chocolate Shavings or crushed Hazelnuts or Chopped Hazelnut Chocolate candies
- Combine cream cheese and coffee creamer in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a small pan over medium low heat, melt your chocolates. Stirring continuously.
- When they are almost fully melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over Cream Cheese mixture in a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients together until mixture is fairly smooth.
- Add about 12 oz of Cool Whip and stir by hand until well incorporated.
- Pour this filling into the Oreo Pie Crust and top it with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Let set in refrigerator or freezer until 1 hr before serving.
- Sprinkle hazelnut garnish atop your pie.
Spread the LOVE and share this yummy silk pie with friends via Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and more…