Fast and easy with minimal prep time: silky smooth chocolate truffle pie filling whipped with cream cheese and poured into a crunchy homemade pretzel crunch crust.
Chocolate Truffle Pie with Pretzel Crust
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your Yummy Pies board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.
Homemade chocolate truffles whipped with cream cheese for a delightful, smooth and rich pie filling then poured into a crust home-made from pretzels. Each bite has the contrasting textures of crunchy crust and smooth filling combined with the contrasting flavors of sweet and salty.
Every year the world goes crazy on Pi day pie day. Well not “crazy “per se, but everyone likes to eat pie. And really, can you blame them?
I hear-by decree that every day should be pie day! Haha- Thank you Poppy.
If you’re looking for the perfect pie recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
Pie Emporium Copycat Recipe
So this pie recipe was inspired by a delicious piece of pie I ate during an awful forced weekend in Dallas. (Note: I have nothing against Dallas! In fact I enjoy the place. It was just a weekend I had other important plans and they were ruined by someone else forcing their way). And the pie made the weekend a little bit better.
The pie was at a place called The Pie Emporium. I ordered three pieces of pie to share with my little family; all were good. However, that chocolate and pretzel one was so delightful I went back and ordered another piece to go (which I enjoyed for breakfast the following morning and determined to recreate my own version of this pie)!
Cream Cheese + Chocolate Silk = All good things!
If you read my home-made Buttermilk Ranch recipe post, then you read about my Uncle Todd. There was this one time when Uncle Todd took my entire family out for pie and then to see the movie Anastasia. I had the chocolate silk pie and it was divine. I remember my mom tasting it and saying
“Oh! They added cream cheese! That was so smart…”
I like feeling smart, so I add cream cheese to my chocolate silk too. Haha!
The first time I made home-made truffles I was shocked at the simplicity of it. You guys truffles are basically chocolate that is melted and mixed with cream until it reached the preferred consistency.
In this particular recipe we are adding more cream than you usually would for truffles because we want our chocolate truffle pie filling to be smooth and cream, firm like truffles, but still soft even when mixed with the cream cheese.
Yes, it’s all as good as it sounds.
Can you tell how much this little love LOVED the chocolate truffle pie?!
SO much! And you will too…
Enough talk… Let’s eat!
Recipe for Homemade Chocolate Truffle Pie with a Pretzel Crust:
- 3 cups Pretzels
- 1/2 cup Butter (one full cube. 8 TBS)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 1 12 oz bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 TBS Butter
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 TBS Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla or bourbon
- 1 8oz package Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a food processor or stand up mixer with a paddle or whisk attachment; combine the pretzel crust ingredients and mix until pretzels are crushed to the very small chunks and all is well incorporated. (approximately 5-7 minutes in stand up mixer)
- Press Pretzel mixture in pie plate and bake 10 minutes.
- In a mixer bowl, whip cream cheese until it is smooth and fluffy.
- In a microwaveable bowl combine chocolate and butter.
- Microwave on med-high heat for 30 seconds then stir.
- Return to microwave for 30 more seconds then stir again.
- Return one last time for another 30 seconds, then stir and pour over cream cheese.
- Mix choclate and cream cheese together for about 30 seconds.
- In a saucepan combine whipping cream, corn syrup and bourbon, bring to a light simmer for one minute.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate cream cheese mixture in the mixer bowl.
- Let everything whip together until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- When the pie crust gets finished in the oven, set aside until the filling is complete.
- Pour filling into pie crust and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.