Not your average Cheese Ball! This fast and easy recipe for a delicious and beautiful Cookies and Cream Sweet Cheese Ball is a keeper and will become an always requested item for every dinner party, event or get together!
Cookies and Cream Sweet Cheese Ball
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Amazing Desserts” board to SAVE it for later!
Originally posted Feb 2017, reposted now for easy finding.
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Oreo Cheese Ball Recipe
Have you ever watched a magic show? Like those ones where the magician takes a HUGE object and seemingly makes it disappear into thin air? Well, this cheese ball, dear readers, possesses that same type of magic. Seriously, don’t even taste test it before your guests arrive or they wont get any. All it takes is a bite and next thing you know, VOILA, this Sweet Cheese Ball is no more.
Speaking of thin air, even though this sweet cheese ball is rich and creamy, somehow it still manages to be light and fluffy like a cloud, all in the same bite. Cream cheese mixed with white and brown sugars and rolled in Crushed cookies; Mmm! It is seriously dreamy. So if you’re planning on making this sweet cheese ball, buy enough ingredients for two so you can hide one away for yourself in the bottom drawer of your fridge right behind the broccoli and Brussels sprouts (Speaking of Brussels sprouts , click on the link for an awesome recipe!).
Sweet Cheese Ball
I boldly state that it is impossible to take only one bite of this Cookies and Cream Dessert; it truly is that good. And I am not alone in this opinion;
My sweet friend Lindsey shared her family Sweet Cheese Ball Recipe with me. I loved it, but wanted to switch things up just a bit. When I was testing recipe ideas out, my friend took the final product to work with him. Apparently, he and his buddies ate the ball in no time and the comments he texted over to me consisted of the following:
“What the what is that?! Whatever it is I want some!”
“It tastes like it’s made from Angels Wings!”
“If Unicorn turds tasted good, this would be it!”
“Holy Crap this is so good!”
“Tell her this one is a winner!”
Best Dessert for Game Night
I feel like at this point I should add a caveat because their comments make them sound like 15 year old boys with less than refined palates. However, they are actually all surgeons and spend a lot of their time eating good food. So my friends, I think it’s safe to say this Sweet Cheese Ball is Doctor approved! Haha!
That being said, the approval is not for health reasons. I repeat: I am not claiming this Sweet Cheese Ball is doctor approved on the health side of things, the approval is specifically for flavor, texture, and appearance. (I’m giggling aloud right now!). THIS IS NOT HEALTHY. But it is delicious!
How to make a Dessert Cheese Ball
What do you need to make this? Not much! Besides the ingredients, you will need:
- A hand mixer or even a larger scale mixer will do the trick.
- A bowl for mixing the cheese with the sugars and such.
- Finally, a Plastic Baggie that zips closed. For smashing your cookies to crumbs.
Okay, enough talk, let’s cook!
Recipe for Cookies and Cream Sweet Cheese Ball:
- 2 packages (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, room temp so it's softened
- 1/2 cup Butter, (DO NOT USE SUBSTITUTES!), room temp so it's softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Cookies (such as Oreos), crushed into chunks and sand
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheese, butter, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the salt and Sugars.
- It'll be soft, Form as best as you can into the shape of a ball, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- At this point the ball is more malleable. Shape it into an actual ball, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, roll ball in cookie crumbs.
- Serve with Crackers and cookies and other desired goodies.
Be a Love and share this and other Tangled with Taste recipes to Pinterest!
Tangled with Taste says
Carolyn king says
Tangled with Taste says