This blogpost was compensated by Collective Bias and it’s partners. All opinions were my own. Thank you to each of my sponsors for your support! #PureLife35pk #CollectiveBias
On-the-Go Fruit and Herbs Ice Sticks
Fun and refreshing fruit and herb combinations frozen together into sticks for easy on-the-go fruit and herbs ice sticks for water bottles.
Fruit and Herbs Ice for Water Bottles
©Tangled with Taste by TangledWithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Yummy/Healthy Treats” board to SAVE it for later!
This post was originally posted May 2017. However is being reposted June 2019. Thank you.
Fruit Ice Cubes
At one point I realized I wasn’t who I wanted to be and there was lots I still wanted to learn and accomplish. At that time I made a to-do list of mental and physical things I wanted to do that year. Some of the physical stuff included:
- Rock Climb 30 routes in one year
- Sky Diving
- Learn to Surf
- Ride 100 miles on bikes with my kids throughout the year
- Do a flip on the trampoline
- Stunt Driving lessons
- Learn to paint
- Golf Lessons
- Hike one new trail each month
- Go Fishing
- Service. Do service for others and then more importantly; teach my children through example the joy and importance of leading an unselfish life.
Bucket List Items
Reader, when I started on that list I was in a dark place. And can I just tell you: that list saved me! Seriously, the combination of being physically active and then doing good for others was exactly what I needed to pull me from an ugly funk.
You don’t have to be suffering from depression to decide to work to better your life.
We all have those things we’ve always wanted to do but never dared try.
Friends I challenge you to them down and do them! I didn’t accomplish everything on my list but I started down a road to self love and discovery that has mad eye a better person.
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, remember, water can flow and it can crash. Be water my friend.” – Bruce Lee
Be water my friend! Think of what shape, what person, what goal you want to be and then… be water.
(I secretly feel like a zen master or something equally awesome right now! Hahaha!)
Fun Fruit and Herbs Ice Combinations:
Making these fruit and herbs ice cubes is simple. The funnest part is creating fun combinations. Some of my family favorite combinations include:
- Strawberries or Raspberries and Lime Basil
- Blackberries and Mint (Like a mojito!)
- Watermelon and Rosemary
- Blackberries and Sage
- Pineapple and Mint
- Watermelon and Kiwi
- Cucumber and Strawberry
- Cucumber and Watermelon
- Grapefruit and Kiwi
- Strawberry and Mango
Really the possibilities are endless and the herbs and fruit ice is easy to make. Create your own combinations and share them with me guys; I totally want to hear your great ideas!
Ice cube Stick Molds
I found my water bottle ice stick molds here.
Another fun idea when creating your fruit and herbs ice sticks is to add citrus juices and other ingredients for fun detox, flush and body booster combinations. Some fun combinations I do in my “Mommy Ice Cubes” include:
- Lemon, mint and cucumber
- Blueberry and lemon
- Orange, lemon and strawberry
- Apple and cinnamon
- Mint, lavender and lemon
- Ginger, pear and cinnamon
- Lime, Raspberry and Mint
- Orange and kiwi
Herb Ice Cubes
Okay y’all, making these ice sticks is as easy as 1-2-3-4:
- Chop up your fruit and herbs.
- Lay the herbs in the bottom of the ice tray with the fruit on top.
- Lightly pour water atop the herbs and fruit then place tray in freezer until frozen.
- When you’re ready to play; place fruit and herbs ice sticks in bottles of Nestle Pure Life water and get to it!
“Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember that you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around or climb over it. Water does.” -Margaret Atwood
Recipe for Fruit and Herbs Ice Sticks for Nestle Pure Life Water Bottles:
- Ice stick trays
- Pack of your favorite waters
- Fresh Herbs, chopped up
- Fresh Fruit, cut into 1 cm or less size chunks
- In an ice stick tray: Sprinkle herbs across the bottom of each mold.
- Atop the herbs, sprinkle fruit chunks.
- *optional: Drizzle with Citrus Juice
- Lightly pour water over herbs and fruit until they are covered.
- Place mold in Freezer until Ice is Solid.
- Drop 2 stick cubes into a bottle of water.
I hope you love these Ice sticks! Don’t forget to share your fun fruit and herbs ice combinations with me! Loves XOXOX.