Easy and delicious recipe for Garlic Focaccia bread, made to look like a beautiful gardenscape.
Gardenscape Garlic Focaccia Bread
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Best breads” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Original recipe July 2020. Reposted for easy finding!
I have a new love. Its’s delicious to look at and to eat! Easy focaccia bread dough recipe used as your canvas to create a beautiful garden scene on, for bread that tastes as good as it looks.
How to make Focaccia Bread
Focaccia has always been fascinating to me. It tastes so good, it’s name is fancy sounding, and guess what else? It’s easy as all get out to make!
It wasn’t until recently that I learned that last part though. I think the fancy name intimidated me. However it’s nothing to be intimidated by.
How to make Garden Focaccia
To create your garden scene in your focaccia, you can use:
- Edible Flowers
- Herbs (I love using the flowering tops from different herbs. In the pictured focaccia I used the tops from my cilantro plants and parsley plants, plus sprigs of thyme.)
- Vegetables (fun to create flowers from vegetables such as carrots, or to spread out the layers of red onions to create flower-like options that way too).
- Blueberries, bananas, cherries (fruits are a fun way to beauty up a scene. I do suggest leaving off the garlic if using fruits that don’t pair well with that flavor profile).
- Green onions (I know I already said vegetables but I wanted to call these out specifically because they are perfect for long grass reeds or leaf scenes).
Really the possibilities are endless! If using this recipe then just be sure to pick ingredients that pair well with garlic.
Recipe for Garden Focaccia:
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBS minced Garlic
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme, OR 1 scant teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients listed above in a small pan on med low for five minutes until aromatic, but garlic has not browned. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup Warm water
- 2tsp Instant Yeast
- 1/2 tsp honey or sugar
- Combine and let sit 5 minutes.
- Now stir in 1/2 cup flour and 3 TBS of the infused Olive Oil to the yeast mixture. Let it sit 5 more minutes.??
- Now stir in 3/4 cup flour and 1/2 tsp salt. and mix with dough hook until dough has come together into a ball. Let hook knead it 10-15 times until smooth, then transfer to a a bowl and cover with a damp towel.??
- Let rise for 1 hr.?
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Dump dough out onto greased baking sheet and press with hands til it is about one inch thick. Use your hands to shape it to a circle, oval, or square.
- Now use your fingers to dimple the dough. (This creates little divets to hold the oil). Drizzle remaining infused olive oil over the dough.
- Now create your Garden scene!
- Bake 12-14 minutes.