This summertime pizza post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Rhodes Bake’n’Serv. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grilled caprese pizza that tastes like summertime! The dough is grilled and drizzled with a balsamic glaze, then topped with spicy arugula, seasoned fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. Every bite is bright and happy.
Summertime Grilled Caprese Pizza
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It’s grilling season and this pizza is on the menu!
Not too heavy, not too light: this is the perfect summertime dish!
Of note: this recipe is protein free, but is often served as the full meal at our home (meatless Monday anyone?). Occasionally we will add chicken, prosciutto, or beef to the mix. The chicken compliments the dish best in my opinion.
Rhodes Bake N Serve White Bread
Using pre-made frozen bread dough from Rhodes Bake n Serv, this pizza is incredibly simple to make.
Rhodes bread can defrost and rise on the countertop quickly. However, Rhodes also has an overnight defrost and rise method that makes these pizzas an easy prep-the-night-before option!
If you love Rhodes© Bake-N-Serve as much as I do, then you’re in luck today! I’ve been cooking with Rhodes© Bake-N-Serve since I was a kid and I’ve been working with the company since I started recipe blogging. Check out these recipes too:
- French Dip Sliders (My whole family goes NUTSO over these!!!)
- Brown Butter and Sage Breadsticks (don’t over-rise and they’re perfection in a bite!)
- Raspberry Lemon Rolls (ohmigosh y’all these are divine!!!)
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls (These are gorgeous and so yummy and taste like Christmas!)
- And MORE!!!
For this pizza we use fresh mozzarella pearls. I smash them right before placing them on the pizza. This makes it so no bites are over-cheesed. It also allows their juice to drip onto the spicy arugula, dressing it in a way.
Grilled Caprese Pizza Recipe:
- One loaf Rhodes Bake'n'Serv Frozen White Bread
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Baby Arugula
- Fresh tomatoes, a variety of kinds is best
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- Italian Dressing
- Handful Fresh Basil
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Let dough defrost then shape into a round ball.
- Let ball rise until nice and fluffy, then gently shape.
- Press fingers down creating divots on dough, then brush the round with olive oil.
- Grill at 400F degrees for about 5 minutes then flip and grill for another 3-5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Drizzle heavily with Balsamic Reduction Glaze.
- Top with loads of baby arugula.
- Cut tomatoes into bite size chunks then toss with dressing.
- Spoon tomatoes over-top the arugula then place smashed fresh mozzarella all around is well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Place basil and parsley in a blender. drizzle with olive oil and Italian dressing.
- Then blend.
Leave a Reply