Grilled Summer Fruit Salad: Strawberries, basil, and arugula tossed with olive oil, lime juice, and balsamic glaze. Then topped with burrata cheese, and finished with grilled nectarines and grilled blueberries!
Grilled Summer Fruit Salad
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Foods” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Originally posted April 2021
This post may contain affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Y’all need to do yourself a flavor and go eat this grilled summer fruit salad! Strawberries, basil, and arugula tossed with olive oil, lime juice, and balsamic glaze. Then topped with burrata cheese, and finished with grilled nectarines and grilled blueberries! This mix of fresh and cooked, bright and smoky, creamy and tangy…. Good heavens! My tastebuds were so happy!!!
In this recipe half the fruit is grilled and half the fruit is raw. This gives us a wonderful combination of the deeper flavors of cooked fruits with the bright flavors of raw.
An important note about grilling the nectarines:
- Wait to put the nectarines on the grill until it is fully up to heat. That way they’ll get seared quickly without becoming too soft.
- Don’t overcook them or they are mushy.
- If you accidentally overcook them, mash the nectarines and put it on toast with cream cheese.
If you’ve never tried Burrata Cheese then you are in for a real treat! It looks like a ball of mozzarella, and in a sense that’s what it is. But it’s made differently. The center is cream and soft and spreadable. The entire flavor is more subtle and creamy than your typical fresh mozzarella. Try it, you’ll love it!
Enough talk, let’s cook!
Recipe for Grilled Summer Fruit Salad:
- Baby arugula
- Basil leaves
- Yellow Nectarines
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- In a bowl combine baby arugula, Basil, and sliced strawberries. Toss with a small drizzle of olive oil and lime juice.
- Place on serving platter then light drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top salad with a ball of burrata, sliced with an X and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper.
- Turn your grill up too high.
- Place blueberries on a sheet of tin foil with the edges rolled up (to keep the blueberries from sliding out).
- When grill is to temp, place slices of nectarine directly on the grate, and blueberry packet on the heat as well.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Throw grilled fruit on top of salad and serve immediately.
- Add balsamic glaze to taste.