This Ground Beef and Mushroom Crostinis post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Laura’s Lean Ground Beef. The opinions and text are all mine.
Crisped bread slathered with herbed cream cheese then topped with the most delicious lean ground beef and mushrooms combination. Bites of scrumptiousness!
Beef and Mushroom Crostini Recipe
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Looking for a quick and easy appetizer that tastes incredible?
Do you like eating appetizers as your meal but want them to pull from multiple food groups?
Is it important to you that you buy ground beef that was raised without added hormones or antibiotics?
HAVE I GOT THE RECIPE FOR YOU!
Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
Laura’s Lean 96% Lean Ground Beef is a “Never Ever” offering, meaning their protein is sourced from suppliers that raise their cattle without ever using added hormones or antibiotics and are always vegetarian fed. It is certified by the American Heart Association as “extra lean”. To be classified as “extra lean,” the ground beef must contain less than 5g of fat, less than 2g of saturated fat and less than 95mg of cholesterol per serving.
This is why Laura’s Lean 96% Lean Ground Beef is the ground beef I like to use for many of my recipes including:
How to make a crostini
As you can see in the infographic show above, these delicious bites are easy to make.
- Make your beef and mushroom combination.
- Put herbed cream cheese on crisped bread.
- Top the bread with the beef mixture.
- Finish it off with fresh microgreens or baby arugula.
Note: The microgreens/ baby arugula add a bite of freshness to the initial taste, and a slightly spicy kick to the aftertaste. It’s the perfect way to take this dish next level.
Ground Beef and Mushroom Crostini Recipe:
- 1 pound Laura’s Lean 96% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pound mixed sliced mushrooms, as many kinds as possible
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 X Garlic & Herbs Cream Cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Microgreens or baby arugula, to garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-heat, and add the ground beef. Cook, stirring often until browned.
- Remove beef from skillet, then add butter, mushrooms and thyme, season with a pinch of salt, and toss to combine. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have softened and started to turn golden.
- Stir in the garlic, and shallot and cook 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the wine and parsley, the cooked ground beef, and season with a good pinch of cracked black pepper. Let cook down until wine is almost fully absorbed.
- Build your crostinis on toasted baguette with a swipe of Garlic & Fine Herbs cream cheese, a hearty portion of the ground beef and mushrooms combination, and garnish with microgreens or spicy arugula.