Carrots, pearl onions and peas cooked with an easy technique that produces delicious and flavorful herb glazed vegetables every time.
Herb Glazed Vegetables
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Thanksgiving” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Recipe originally posted November 2017, reposted for easy finding.
Glazed vegetables are just the most wonderful side dish ever. In fact, sometimes we eat them as our main dish.
My entire family loves these tender, perfectly cooked, and naturally sweet, with just the right amount of savory; Glazed Vegetables. If you’re looking for a veggie dish that both adults and kids alike will love; look no further!
This is such a simple recipe to produce such a “beautiful to my tastebuds” final product. And it’s fast. When I am making a dinner and realize I need another side or vegetable to go along with it, I will whip up a pot of these carrots, onion and peas in just minutes and am always pleased with the results. These herb glazed vegetables seriously compliment everything.
Glaze for veggies
Y’all I am all for eating healthy and being healthy and all that jazz, so if you want then you can substitute that sugar for honey.
However, with that being said, I just want to add that you will never get as good of a glaze using honey as you will using the sugar.
It doesn’t take much sugar, however that little bit it does call for does make a difference!
How to glaze vegetables
Dear reader, if you are one of the few that visit this blog for my stories rather than food then I apologize profusely as tonight I am short of words.
However, I can promise that here is an amazing recipe; even without a great story about a Pig named Horse or an evil (seriously so evil!) Chicken named Lucifer or a beauty pageant where I answered an ethics question with,
Honestly I don’t see how it could be considered unethical. I mean if they are raising and taking care of the chickens, they should be allowed to do what they please with the eggs. Although perhaps the chickens disagree with my opinion. The real question is, why are we worried about “women” selling their eggs? Should there really be gender attached to this concern? Pretty sure men have eggs t…
FYI- These delicious herb glazed Vegetables will make a great side dish to your Thanksgiving Feast!
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Herb Glazed Vegetables:
- 5-8 Carrots, peeled and Chopped into 1-1.5 inch pieces (Approx 3 cups)
- 1 cup Pearl Onions, ends trimmed and onions peeled
- 1/2-1 cup Frozen Peas
- Cold Water
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Minced Chives
- 4 Sprigs Italian or Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Place your carrots in a large sauce pan/saute pan in a single layer. It is important that you don't pile them atop each other.
- Add water until it comes to just the tops of the carrot pieces. Then add the Butter, Herbs, Salt, Pepper and the Sugar.
- Bring the water to a boil then add the pearl onions.
- Immediately drop the heat down to a med-low-low. Let the vegetables simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add Peas.
- Turn the heat back up to a high temperature right there at the end until the liquid reduces to a glaze. Shaking the pan back and forth as you are tossing and turning the vegetables in the glaze at the high heat until they are fully coated.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with more salt or Fluer de Sel (fancy French Coarse Salt) to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Tangled with Taste says
Tangled with Taste says