Herbs and Cream mixture brought to a light simmer, eggs are then added and everything goes in the oven for an easy and delicious herbs and cream eggs!
Eggs with Herbs and Cream
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Best Foods Ever” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
An easy and fast option for a quick and kind of fancy breakfast or brunch meal. Eggs with Herbs and Cream is so good on it’s own that often times I will eat it that way. However, as seen here, over an english muffin it takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Kind of like a mix between eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy…
(Eeww that sounds gross. Let’s try again…)
(There we go, much better!)
Steak and Eggs
Dear Reader, If you follow my blog regularly then you saw this recipe included in my recent Steak and Eggs recipe post (which is EXTREMELY delicious by the way).
I am posting this Herbs and Cream Eggs recipe on it’s own today because it really is that goodand truly does deserve it’s own post. You don’t need steak to eat this delicious and fast egg option!
Although, steak doesn make the world a better place.
The thing of the matter is this: Eggs with herbs and cream is pretty much the most beautiful and perfect combination ever of all time.
Imagine that Perfection and Wonderful got together and then they had a baby and this is it. Perfection and Wonderful named their baby “Herbs and Cream Eggs”, but they call her “Awesome” for short, because everybody needs a good nickname.
The recipe cooking time puts your eggs out at medium-well done. Meaning a thick but not solid yolk. Adjust according to your own preferences.
Recipe for Herbs and Cream Eggs:
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 TBS Fresh Italian Parsley, minced
- 4-6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- English Muffins, toasted (optional ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine cream, parsley, and sprigs of Fresh Thyme (and red pepper flakes if you are including them for a touch of heat) in a small pan over medium-medium-high heat.
- When the cream mixture begins to simmer, crack eggs and gently drop them into the hot cream.
- Sprinkle the eggs with Salt and Pepper,
- Let eggs sit on stovetop in cream mixture for about 30 seconds over heat,
- then transfer the pan to the oven.
- The eggs should cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 1 minute.
- Serve as is or over an egnglish muffin or toast.