Recipe for the most delicious thick and hearty creamy Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup. Twenty minute recipe for a wonderful bowl of comfort!
Homemade Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Soup like your grandma used to make! Delicious and delightful with thick cut vegetables, fresh herbs, homestyle noodles and savory chunks of chicken.
Good Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Y’all I have been sick for a week. Not just “meh I don’t feel super swell” kind of sick, but “Ohmigosh I am DYING!!!” kind of sick.
Strep. It’s the worst.
For two days my throat hurt so badly that it was all I could do just to swallow down some water and not get completely dehydrated.
Then I got on antibiotics and 24 hours later my appetite came back with a fury! I had a box of chocolates just waiting for me. Sadly, the only thing that sounded even remotely good? Chicken noodle soup. And I needed it right then…
Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
So I ran to grocery store and grabbed a rotisserie chicken and some stock. From there I created a roux to help make this rotisserie chicken noodle soup thick and hearty.
Then with a little of this and little of that, we had perfectly cooked veggies and broth. Finally add some rotisserie chicken and a splash of cream…
Voila! Absolute deliciousness.
And I feel better too. Woot! Woot!
*Quick note and then we can get to eating: This soup is amazing right when it’s finished cooking. However, with a little bit of maturing it’s even better! Or in other words, day two Homemade Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup is the best ever of all time.
Okay, enough talk let’s eat!
Recipe for Homemade Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, with chicken removed from bones and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 2 TBS Butter
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Chicken Bullion Cubes
- 4 whole Carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Diced very small
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 2 TBS Fresh Parsley, Chopped small
- 1/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 package homestyle noodles cooked to al dente according to package directions, then drained and rinsed with very cold water (to stop the cooking process)
- In a soup pan saute the onions with oil over med-low heat until they tart to turn translucent. Push the onions to the outside edge of the pan.
- Melt your butter in the center-bottom of the soup pan over medium heat.
- Add flour to the melted butter and stir until the butter flour mixture is beginning to dry out.
- Then whisk in the Chicken Stock.
- Now add your bullion, Carrots, Celery, Red pepper, Turmeric, and thyme.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then turn heat down to med-low-low and let the post simmer for approximately ten minutes.
- Add cream, rotisserie chicken, and parsley.
- Let flavors meld together as pot simmers for 5-10 minutes then add the noodles
- Serve and Enjoy!