Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with an amazing twist! Ooey gooey marshmallow cookies with a cornflakes crunch! A recipe for the best cookies you will ever try.
Marshmallow Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Cookies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Published in 2017. Being republished now for easy finding.
Classic chocolate chip cookies taken to a whole new level of amazingness! These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are loaded with gooey marshmallows, wonderful chocolate chips, and delicious crunchy corn flakes!
Momufuku Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Knockoff
There is this amazing restaurant in Washington DC called Momufuku. They’re known for their crack pie which one day I will attempt to recreate. However, they also have the most delightful cookies! They’re made with corn flour and all good things and are the perfect texture with the perfect amount of softness.
The best chocolate chip cookie ever:
Why am I telling you about the cookies at a place in Washington DC? Because one of those INCREDIBLE cookies inspired this amazing cookie recipe! It’s not the same. I don’t use corn flour and honestly I have no idea what other ingredients they use. But I do love how my cookies turned out. In fact, I loved them so much I almost ate an entire batch by myself and my kiddos went crazy on what was left of the second batch…
Tips for good cookies!
- First, The cornflakes. In order to keep the cornflakes from turning to mush in the cookie dough, we have to turn them into a crunchy delicious bit of awesomeness.
- The cornflakes have a separate baking procedure. Double the recipe because you’ll want to make these marshmallow crunch chocolate chip cookies over and over again!
- Also, Cool the cornflakes mixture completely before adding it to your chocolate chip cookie dough. It cools pretty fast, so while you’re waiting on it to finish cooling, you can begin assembling your cookies.
- Next, The marshmallows. Be sure to use Vegan marshmallows! Regular mini marshmallows contain gelatin. As the cookies bake, regular mini marshmallows dissolve into a mess. the vegan marshmallows hold their shape and bake into gooey amazingness.
I purchase my vegan mini marshmallows at Trader Joe’s, but you can also usually find them in the health food section at your local grocer.
- If you don’t have vegan marshmallows, never fear! Your other option is to not add the marshmallows to the dough, but instead push them into the tops of the cookies 2 minutes before they’re finished cooking, and return them to the oven. This works delightfully!
Okay, y’all go make these fabulous marshmallow crunch chocolate chip cookies! Then come back and tell me how much you and yours LOVED them!
Flirting with Flavor
Yields 2 dozen cookies
Adapted from a Cookie recipe by Momufuku Milk Bar.
- 5 cups of cornflakes
- 1/2 cup of milk powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 9 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Pour the cornflakes in a bowl and crush them just a bit. Add the milk powder, the sugar and the salt and toss them together to mix.
- Now, Add the butter and toss until well coated.
- The mixture will form small clusters.
- Spread the clusters onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, until toasted.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One 3.4-3.6 ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1.5 cups Cornflake Crispies
- 1.5 cups Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, salt, and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter and flour mixtures together.
- Add the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and Cornflake crispies.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before shaping and baking.
- On a tray make 2.5 inch cookie dough balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Share the Love and Pin this bit of Awesomeness to Pinterest!
Originally Published November 2016. Edited and updated February 2020.