Creamy smooth Peppermint Mocha Silk Pie. Rich chocolate flavors with a subtle hint of Peppermint in an Oreo Crust, then topped with Fluffy whipped cream, cocoa powder and crushed candy cane. It’s the perfect winter pie and super easy to make!
Peppermint Mocha Silk Pie
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Holiday Goodies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Who loves Chocolate silk pie? I do! It’s been a favorite pie of mine for as long as I can remember. I didn’t think chocolate silk pie could get any better; That is until I discovered Peppermint Mocha creamer. Now I love Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie. In case you are wondering; Mocha is just a fancy word for Chocolate. Some days I just love feeling fancy. Don’t you? I firmly believe every one could do with a dose (or six) of fancy in their lives each day.
So lets talk about this “fancy” Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie… Mmmm! In this fabulous Pie, the Oreo crust adds just the right amount of crunch to compliment the smooth and creamy filling. And oh! that filling… Honestly, The filling is the star of this pie; Cream Cheese, Chocolate, Peppermint Cream, and Cool Whip, all combined to make a mouthwatering and delicious bit of heaven. Y’all trust me on this; THIS is the perfect holiday pie!
A couple tricks to make this SUPER EASY!
- I use a pre-made Oreo crust. You can make your own Oreo crust, and there are some fantastic recipes out there to do so. I just feel like the pre-made one is so darn good that I will apply the philosophy of “If it aint broke don’t fix it” (wait that might not work in this situation!) and save myself some precious time that I can apply to eating this fabulous pie and then making a second one. Ha!
- Additionally, the Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer. This stuff is the bomb! I use it in Hot cocoa and have heard it’s amazing in Coffee. So don’t be worried that the pie calls for so little, because you can put it to good use elsewhere.
- Next, The Cream cheese. Be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. If it is not soft, it will not make for such a silky chocolate silk pie filling.
- The chocolate chips you melt for the chocolate silk pie filling. It is completely up to you whether you use milk or dark chocolate. Sometimes I will even use a mix of the two or even chocolate melting wafers.
- I put the Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk pie in the freezer to make it set fast. However, if it freezes completely; be sure you take it out of the freezer at least an hour or two before serving. If you wont be serving your Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk pie until the following day, I would let it set in the refrigerator rather than the freezer.
- Finally, the garnish. Don’t sprinkle your Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie with Cocoa Powder and Crushed candy cane until right before serving; Otherwise they will start to dissolve.
This Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie is the perfect Holiday Pie! Serve it up as dessert following your Christmas Turkey or perhaps a Rack of Pork. It definitely compliments this Beef Tenderloin. You and your guests will love it all!
Well that’s enough Blabbering from me. I believe it is time for the actual recipe for this super delicious Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Silk Pie…
- 1 Oreo Crust
- 1 8oz Package Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips or wafers
- 1/4 cup Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1 16 oz or 2 8z Cool Whip
- Cocoa Powder or even Hot Cocoa mix powder
- Crushed Candy Cane
- In a small pan over medium low heat, melt your chocolates. Stirring continuously.
- When they are almost fully melted, add the Peppermint Mocha Creamer.
- Continue Stirring until Peppermint Chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour over Cream Cheese in a bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients together until mixture is fairly smooth.
- Add 8 oz of Cool Whip and stir by hand until well incorporated.
- Pour this filling into the Oreo Pie Crust and top it with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle Cocoa Powder or Hot Cocoa dry mix powder lightly over the top of pie.
- Crush a candy cane to small chunks and sprinkle that atop your pie as well.
Be a Love and share this fabulous pie to Pinterest!