Thank you I LOVE ICE CREAM CAKES for sponsoring this 5 minute Reese’s freak cake tutorial. All opinions are my own.
The easiest and yummiest tutorial for a fun Reese’s freak cake that looks great, tastes amazing, and only takes a few minutes to make.
5 Minute Reeses Freak Cake
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “YUMMMMM” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
And for more sweet ideas follow I Love Ice Cream Cakes on Facebook and Instagram.
Raise your hand if you love peanut butter!!!
Now raise your hand if you love chocolate!!!
Okay now raise your hand if you love Ice Cream!!!
If your hand is not raised then I’m so super sorry for you! Here’s a big hug and I know a great therapist ;P.
Chocolate Lover Birthday Cake
We all need a little more sweetness in our lives. And a cake from I Love Ice Cream Cakes is the perfect way to celebrate on any occasion!
For my daughter’s birthday all she wanted was an ice cream cake. Then yesterday was my birthday you know we had cake and ice cream too. Well to be precise: we had ice cream cake! Haha.
From birthdays to National Ice Cream Month (this July) – and just because! – you can count on a delicious ice cream cake from I Love Ice Cream Cakes to bring a smile to your favorite people’s faces.
Reese’s Ice Cream Cake
This new Reese’s Ice Cream Cake features creamy chocolate ice cream (drooooooll), chunks of real Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, a layer of Reese’s peanut butter and whipped icing with a Hershey’s chocolate drizzle on top (sooo good y’all!!).
If that description has your mouth watering then we can be best friends.
You can grab this NEW Reese’s Ice Cream Cake on your weekly grocery run in the bakery or freezer section at Publix, ShopRite, Price Rite, Tops, Food Lion, Safeway Eastern, Giant Landover, Giant Martin’s and more, as well as on Amazon Fresh.
How to build a Freak Cake
Have you heard of freak cakes? They’re kind of all the rage right now. Which makes perfect sense, because they’re ridiculously easy to make, they look impressive, and when they’re made with ice cream: they taste fabulous!!!
So a couple tips when building your freak cake:
- Dimension, you want height. Different heights with different ingredients will make your whole cake look more impressive.
- Variety of toppings: When it comes to the toppings it’s awesome to have a variety. However, be sure they’re all from the same family. Don’t make a freak cake covered in sour candies, and peanut butter because that’s gonna be “Bleh!” and everyone will think you’re the freak rather than your cake.
- It legit only take s a couple minutes to create, so either make it ahead of time and refreeze. OR make it just before serving. Because we’re dealing with ice cream I do not suggest letting it sit for long periods of time..
- JUST HAVE FUN! the worse your cake looks the better it looks! Read that again: the worse you do on this cake the cooler it looks! Because it’s a “freak cake”. Haha!
Okay y’all, below is a video that will show you my awesome cake from start to finish using the Reese’s Ice Cream Cake as the base. Watch it and then go join the Crunchie Club where you’ll get product news, coupons and other info. Then head over to your local grocer, get an ice cream cake, and make your own freak!
Reese’s Freak Cake
So for this Reese’s Freak Cake I hit up my local grocery store, and took a stroll down the treat aisle.
- GIANT size Hershey’s bar, broken like bark rather than in the designated places is a great way to get some tall pieces for the design.
- Miniature Reese’s cups in white chocolate and milk chocolate were so fun to add filler. Optional to use Hershey’s kisses and miniature chocolate chips and Reese’s here as well.
- Kit Kat bars are awesome on all freak cakes and of course we added them to ours.
- I noticed we had a lot of milk chocolate so I wanted to add in a little dark in the form of Dark Chocolate Reese’s thins.
- Then add any other treats you find in different shapes and sizes.