Fast and Easy Crockpot recipe for delicious sweet and savory, Pulled Pork. Pork Roast cooked to perfection in a scrumptious blend of citrus, spices, sugar and Dr Pepper.
Crockpot Sweet Pulled Pork
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Most Amazing Food Ever!” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I just have to put it out there that whoever invented the slow cooker was an absolute genius! I would totally marry them if they were still alive. That’s how much I love their invention.
I am a firm believer in family meals. I like to imagine that each time we sit down to dinner together; we are building one more block on the giant tower that will one day be an unbreakable relationship. So home-cooked together-as-a-family-meals are a must at our house. However, I lead a busy life working multiple jobs whilst still attempting to be a stay at home mom to my 3 kids;
Enter, the Slow cooker. Not gonna lie, the Crockpot really comes into play often at our house. I love being able to throw ingredients in a pot and then come back hours later to a hot home-cooked meal.
I have a number of favorite go-to recipes we use regularly that I have been and will be sharing here on the blog. Definitely try out my (semi) Crockpot Beef Stroganoff! You’ll love it. This sweet pulled pork, which has been a big hit at our house and can be served in so many different ways.
Best Pulled Pork
As mentioned above, we love to make this delicious Sweet Pulled Pork. It is savory and juicy and delicious, with just the right amount of subtle heat and sweet. I’ll usually make a large pot and then serve it two or three times in one week. Among many others, here are some ideas for you:
- In a Salad! Obviously this pulled pork is practically crying out to be served in a Mexican style salad with rice and beans and pico de gallo! Try it with the delicious home-made ranch dressing found in my Quesadilla Nachos recipe! You’ll love it.
- Speaking of Quesadilla Nachos; umm, this pulled pork is perfect for those!
- Soup! Corn chowder with pulled pork is insanely good.
- Then there are Sliders! Duh, of course Pulled Pork is bomb in sliders. Especially when you add just a bit of cole slaw to each little sandwich!
- Tacos. Substitute Pulled Pork for the Steak in these amazing Jicama Pear Tacos.
Okay, enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Sweet Pulled Pork
- 3lb Pork Roast (I like boneless pork ribs, pork loin or pork butt)
- 3 cans Dr Pepper (do not use diet)
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 TBS granulated Garlic Salt
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 8-10oz can red enchilada sauce, med level spice
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Put pork in a bag with one can of Dr Pepper and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Marinate for 4-24 hours. (overnight is best).
- Discard Marinade.
- Combine Pork, 1 can Dr Pepper, Broth, and Garlic Salt in a crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove Pork from slow cooker and discard the liquids.
- Shred Pork roast with two large forks.
- Combine 1 can Dr Pepper, chiles, enchilada sauce and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Add this new sauce and the shredded pork back to the crockpot and cook on low for 2 more hours.
Share the love and pin this and other awesome Tangled with Taste recipes to Pinterest!