These beautiful and delicious Painted Dinner Rolls are brought to you by Rhodes© Bake-N-Serve . Thank you!
Painting dinner rolls with food gel is not only a great way to add a touch of spring to your dinner table but also a fun activity to do with your kids.
Edible Painted Dinner Rolls
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “BEST FOOD EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.
When it comes to adding a touch of spring to your dinner table, nothing quite does the trick like warm and serve dinner rolls painted with beautiful spring flowers using food gel. Not only do they look gorgeous, but they also taste amazing and are sure to impress your family and friends.
What do you use to paint bread?
To make these rolls, start by taking out my favorite warm and serve dinner rolls: Rhodes Warm & Serve rolls. Then, prepare your food “paint” in the colors of your choice. I recommend using pastel colors such as pink, yellow, and blue to really capture the springtime vibe.
Two important notes:
- The most important part of your “paint” is premium gel color whitener/ whitening gel. No matter which color you’ll be painting with, it will need to be mixed with the whitening gel.
- You’ll want to use water to thin your paint. Be careful to not thin it too much though or it’ll drip down the sides of your rolls.
Next, use a small brush to carefully paint the flowers onto the rolls. You can be as creative as you like here, whether you want to go for a simple daisy design or a more intricate floral pattern. Just be sure to paint lightly so as not to overdo it.
Once you’ve painted all of your rolls, pop them in the oven and bake according to the package instructions. The result will be warm, fluffy dinner rolls with a beautiful springtime twist.
How to paint bread before baking
Painting dinner rolls with food gel is not only a great way to add a touch of spring to your dinner table but also a fun activity to do with your kids. It is a creative and enjoyable way to spend time with your little ones while also teaching them some culinary skills. Kids love getting messy, and painting dinner rolls is a perfect way to let them express their creativity without making too much of a mess.
Note: I firmly suggest laying down a table cloth or butcher paper on top of their painting surface. The darker food gels can stain wooden tables.
You can let them choose the colors and designs they want to create, and they will love seeing their creations come to life in the oven. Plus, they will be excited to show off their beautiful rolls to friends and family at the dinner table.
Using food coloring on bread
Whether you’re hosting a springtime brunch or just looking to add some seasonal flair to your dinner table, Rhodes warm and serve dinner rolls painted with beautiful spring flowers using food gel are sure to be a hit. So why not give them a try and see how they can elevate your next meal?
Recipe for edible painted dinner rolls:
- 1 bag Rhodes Warm and Serve Rolls
- Liquid Whitener Liqua-Gel Food Coloring
- Gel Food coloring in the colors of your choice
- Salted Butter (cold)
- Flake Salt (optional)
- Mix gel colors with whitening gel coloring, til you get the color you desire. Add a touch of water at a time until the consistency of acrylic paint, or just lightly thinned out.
- Paint frozen rolls with desired design.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Immediately after removing from oven, lightly rub butter all over the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle lightly with flake salt (optional).
- Serve and Enjoy!