Quick and easy Valentine’s themed charcuterie board with salami roses tutorial and tips for arranging the perfect meat and cheese display.
Valentine Charcuterie Board
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “GORGEOUSNESS” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I have an obsession with meat, cheese and cracker displays. They bring so much joy to my life. I create them for big events and parties, but I’ve also been known to make a personal sized charcuterie board to enjoy with myself and a chick-flick late at night. LOVE IT!
Recently I learned how to make these salami and pepperoni roses. Game changer! Life changed. YAYAYA!!! Y’all they are so easy. You can do it too! Watch this video and you’ll see what I mean… EASY.
What board to use for a charcuterie board
I get asked all the time what people should use if they don’t have an actual charcuterie board.
Y’all I’m the self proclaimed charcuterie queen and I don’t have a board specifically made for that. HAHA!
The thing is you can literally use anything. Plates, cutting boards, picture frames (yup! I’ve done it more than once!), drink trays, etc… I promise you can make just about anything work.
How to arrange a charcuterie board:
- Lay out all your “Big Ticket” items. These are the pieces that people notice first: like the salami and pepperoni roses! Also, your more expensive cheeses. Give them their stage, and then we will fill in all around them.
- Let’s talk about the cheeses. Don’t do all wedged cheese. And you don’t have to use all expensive cheeses either. I like to grab a few really great ones and then grab some circles, chunks, and slices to throw in there too. Different shapes make the board look beautiful in the end.
- You’ll want fillers. Foods besides the meats and cheeses. It’s great to have a good mix of healthy and indulgent. Sweet and Salty. Chewy and soft. Creamy and Sharp.
- Note: Fun treats make great fillers! When making your Valentine’s Charcuterie board grab a few holiday themed candies and use them to fill any open spaces with color and vibrancy.
- When you think you’re almost finished: grab a chair or counter top and stand over your board. Find those dead spaces and fill them with life: Fresh herbs, edible flowers, beautiful utensils and/ or cute signage.
Leave a Reply