Hearty Yellow Curry Soup with Chicken & Vegetables. Thai Yellow Chicken Curry with Creamy Coconut Milk & Vegetables; a fast, easy, & delicious soup recipe that’ll warm you from the inside out.
Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Soup
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Soups EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This recipe was originally published in November 2016, and is now being republished for easy finding.
Light enough to eat on a warm day but also meets that soul comfort food standard for when the weather’s gone chill and you need a pick me up; this Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Soup has just the right right amount of Chicken and Vegetables to make it filling and hearty. Yet combined with the subtle heat from red pepper flakes, the creaminess from coconut milk, and topped with fresh cilantro, it ends up being a light and refreshing soup as well!
Serve over rice noodles and you’ve got an Asian spin on classic chicken noodle soup. And considering the fact that this entire dish can be made and ready to serve in less than 30 minutes; It’s a win y’all! This is a dish you’ll want to add to your weekly dinner menu!
How do you make curry noodles?
So a couple years back I was pregnant, and sick, and unable to keep just about anything down. The one thing that seemed to stay okay in my stomach was the Yellow Curry from our local Thai shop. (Weird right?!). Unfortunately, One of our friends found a friendly bug in their food from said Thai shop and I was unable to stomach going back! Yuck. Seriously y’all, I can’t believe some of the stories I’ve heard of people finding things in their food. Share your “crazy things you’ve found in your food” stories in the comments below! Haha!
I digress… Back to the yellow chicken curry soup. So after we banished ourselves from that restaurant, I went back to not being able to eat again. Sadness! However, I had a bottle of Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry sauce; so I figured out how to make Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Soup at home (Y’all it is shockingly fast and easy to make! AND it tastes soooo good, even without pregnancy hormones!), and we’ve been eating it ever since.
Yellow curry noodles recipe
Y’all this Thai Chicken Curry Soup recipe is one of those One Pot wonders! However, I like to dirty up a second pot and boil some rice noodles usually too. My husband prefers this yellow chicken curry served over regular rice though. So that one is just a preference thing.
*Be aware, Rice noodles are kind of pricey online. However, I purchase them from my local Walmart for less than two bucks a box. SO in actuality they are totally worth it!
*DO NOT cook the rice noodles right into the soup because they will turn to mush without a cold water rinse when they reach their desired al dente.
*The cilantro is totally optional! My kids LOVE this soup, but if I add the cilantro to their bowls, they wont touch it.
Try this delicious recipe out when you need a quick meal option one night or a pick me up or a warm me up… You won’t be disappointed!
- 1-2 TBS butter
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 4-6 Carrots coarsely chopped
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts thinly sliced
- 3 cups Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
- 2 Cubes Chicken Bullion
- 1 C Yellow Curry Sauce (I like the stuff you can get at Trader Joes! You can also use paste, but will obviously have to adjust amounts of stock accordingly…)
- 2 can Coconut milk
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rice Noodles, cooked according their packaged directions.
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- On medium heat, saute your onion with red pepper flakes, in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat up to med-high and add the carrots. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add Chicken, season generously with salt and pepper and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom of the pot.
- Now add enough stock/bullion to just cover your poultry and vegetables. Add the Bullion and the Curry Sauce. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- As soon as soup reaches a boil; add coconut milk and drop temperature down to med-low.
- Let it all simmer together 5-10 minutes until carrots are tender and chicken fully cooked.
- Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
Share the love and Pin this bowl of deliciousness to Pinterest! Best ever Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Soup.