Spiralized Zucchini Noodles stir-fried together with finely sliced chicken & vegetables, then tossed with a soy mixture. Fast recipe for Zoodle Lo Mein.
Zucchini Noodles and Chicken Lo Mein
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Most Amazing Vegetables Ever!” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
My two favorite food genres
If I were to be deserted on a desert island and could only choose one thing to bring with me, but it came in an endless supply, I would choose chocolate. And if I wasn’t allowed to choose chocolate then I suppose I would go with the smart answer and pick fresh water. However, if water (and watermelon) and chocolate weren’t an option; then, Then we would have a major problem! I know the answer would either be Asian food or Pasta. For the life of me though, I don’t have any idea how I’d choose between them! I love them both so much! Which is why, I suppose, it’s a very good thing this hypothetical stranding will never take place.
Even knowing that that scenario will never happen, I often find myself pondering what my choice would be (I rarely sleep and often spend my nights distracting myself with thoughts of food). In this hypothetical stranding, I suppose that best answer would be Asian food because then I could have more variety, Lemon chicken, orange chicken, rice and noodles. However! If I went with pasta, then we’ve got your macaroni, ravioli, lasagnas and all other things delicious. Oh, So hard. This Zoodle Chicken Lo Mein though? It could be included in either choice!
Zoodles are noodles made from Zucchini. I use a Veggie Spiralizer and cut my Zucchini into long linguine type noodles. I personally prefer a Spiralizer with a crank handle, because they usually have more noodle shape and size options, so I can make more than just zoodles. One other awesome thing about Zucchini noodles is that they are totally diet friendly. So all you Paleo and Whole 30 and other Veggie dieters out there, time for a kitchen toy that makes dieting more fun.
Zucchini Noodle Chicken Lo Mein Recipe:
- 1/2 Onion, coarsely chopped small
- Canola Oil or Butter/ Clarified Butter/ Ghee
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Salt/ or Garlic Powder, to taste
- 2 Green Zucchini
- 2 Yellow Zucchini
- 2 Cups Cabbage mix
- (If cabbage mix does not contain celery, shredded carrots and green onions then only use 1.5 cups cabbage mix and then add the following):
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 Celery, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken stalk
- 2 TBS Soy Sauce or Liquid Amino Braggs
- 1 TBS Honey
- 1 TBS chives, minced finely
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder
- Stir all ingredients except honey together. When you add the sauce to the pot of vegetables, add the honey at the same time.
- On Medium heat saute onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Turning the heat up to Med-High and adding just a bit more oil to the pan, add the chicken and season it and the onion with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook Chicken for approximately 4 minutes, stirring regularly to insure even cooking.
- Add Cabbage mixture to the pot and cook for 1 more minute.
- Gently Stir in Zucchini Noodles, let entire mixture cook 1-2 minutes (Until all noodles are warmed but not yet cooked through), stirring every 30 seconds or so for uniformity.
- Finally Pour sauce (and honey) over the top of everything and let cook for another 3 minutes approximately.
- Serve Immediately.
Be a love and share this and other marvelous Flirting with Flavor recipes to your Social Media Loves and Pinterest!