This Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Ham recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
With subtle sweetness from the maple syrup and salty, smokiness from the diced ham, these easy to make Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Ham are delicious and loaded with rich flavor.
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Sides” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Crispy on the outside with a soft buttery texture to the inside; these Brussels sprouts are amazing! And that’s without even mentioning the sweet maple glaze and perfectly complimenting salty Smithfield® Anytime Favorites®Diced Ham. (Well, except now I have mentioned it…).
So much yummy in each and every delicious bite.
Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Balsamic
If you’ve only ever eaten them boiled, steamed or microwaved then it’s highly likely that you think Brussels sprouts have a bitter flavor, a soggy texture and are straight up nasty.
Y’all, I’m here to share with you one of my very favorite vegetables!!! Brussels sprouts are nutty and savory, crunchy and soft, and they deserve some serious love. The key to delicious Brussels sprouts is knowing how to cook them.
The Best Way to Cook Brussels Sprouts
Roasting Brussels sprouts in a bit of oil and a generous pinch of salt is heaven on its own, but roasting them with ham, a bit of oil, and a balsamic maple syrup glaze is the most divine combination of sweet and savory goodness of all time.
Trust me on this and just try it!
It’s fall where I am and the holiday season is about to begin, which means cold weather. So, here’s the plan: Warm up on a crisp fall day with these delicious and simple Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts featuring Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced Ham!
Brussels Sprouts with Ham
Y’all, I love this ham so much! And adding it to the Brussels sprouts is a fantastic way to get a versatile and flavorful protein, turning this typical side dish into a meal option of its own.
I find Smithfield Anytime Favorites Diced or Cubed Ham at Albertsons in the refrigerated meats section, and you can click here to get a coupon:
Save $2 on and TWO (2) Smithfield Anytime Favorites items
Start Date: 10/23/19
End Date: 11/12/19
Okay friends, enough talk: Let’s eat!
Recipe for Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts with Ham:
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon oil (coconut oil or olive oil would be best)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 heaping cup Smithfield ® Anytime Favorites ® Cubed Ham
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sauce pan combine the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- In an oven-proof pan, add oil over medium heat.
- When oven-proof pan is hot, add Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Add Smithfield ® Anytime Favorites ® Cubed Ham to the Brussels sprouts.
- Pour the maple balsamic mixture over the Brussels sprouts and ham. Stir to coat.
- Move pan into oven and let roast for 25 minutes (or until fork tender).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.