Delicious sweet crepes filled with a citrusy lemon crème. Here’s a dessert crepes recipe that is easy to make and wonderful to eat!
Crepes with Lemon Crème
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Desserts” or “Breakfast” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
A dessert crepe filled with a creamy citrusy filling? Oh yes! Y’all this sweet treat is just the most amazingly delicious bite of goodness you can even imagine. The lemon crème filling is so fabulous you will want to eat it with a spoon. And the crepes? Ah, well this particular crepes recipe is simple and easy, but delivers incredibly tasty results.
If you were to ask my family what their three favorite foods are, it would vary each answer. But the one consistent answer would always be crepes! We eat these at least once a week. Sometimes for breakfast with yogurt and fresh fruit on the side. Sometimes as breakfast for dinner with hash browns and bacon to compliment its sweet yumminess. And oftentimes as a Sunday night treat a couple hours after dinner.
No matter when we eat them, we love every bite, every time. Unfortunately there are never any leftovers. Even if I make a double or triple batch!
Here’s how to make your crepes–
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Using a Crepe pan or Crepiere or a shallow Saute or Saucier pan, pour batter in and tilt pan side to side to spread batter in a thin layer on the bottom.
- Cook for half a minute, then flip.
- Cook for 20 more seconds then dump on a plate and fill with delicious fillings and…
Speaking of delicious fillings–
Did you know that in France they sprinkle their dessert crepes with fresh lemon juice? The French are on to something there! If you don’t have time to make the lemon crème, just sprinkle with lemon juice and you wont be disappointed. BUT, being the American I am, I’ve got to add cream and sugar. (Okay, okay; maybe that’s not an American thing, maybe it’s a sweet tooth thing). Let me rephrase, being the sweet tooth I am; I have just got to add cream and sugar! And oh is it worth every delicious calorie! There’s a reason I’ve titled this a “dessert crepe” even though I eat it any time of day…
Butterflies in your stomach moment–
Are you ready for that “butterflies in your stomach” moment? Once you’ve made all your crepes, and filled them with lemon crème, (I think by this point you’ve actually experienced that butterflies in your stomach moment, but why not experience it again and again?); Try adding fresh tart berries to offset the sweetness of the crème and crepe. Its a beautiful wonderful combination that you’ll seriously want to remake every. single. day! (Although, you should probably exercise some restraint and only make them every other day). Ha!
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 c 1/2 and 1/2 (or 1/2c cream and 1/2c milk)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBS softened butter
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 8oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 3/4 c powder sugar
- Dash of salt
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until very well mixed.
- In a crepe pan or small sauté or saucier pan, coated with cooking spray and warmed over medium heat, pour a scant amount of batter and tilt pan from side to side to spread evenly.
- Cook for 30 seconds and then using a spatula, flip crepe. Continue cooking for 15-20 more seconds.
- Now your crepe is cooked. They are so thin that it doesn't take much time per crepe...
- Whip your heavy cream until it is thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the cream cheese, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Then add the powder sugar and salt and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Spoon together your whipped cream and your cream cheese mixture.
- At this point, I like to scoop the lemon crème into a piping bag with a large tip opening and pipe it into my crepes.
- Top with fresh berries and enjoy!
Share the LOVE on Pinterest!