THIS “ Homemade Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly ” SHOP HAS BEEN COMPENSATED BY COLLECTIVE BIAS, INC. AND ITS ADVERTISER. ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE ALONE. #SKSHarvest #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Fresh red bell peppers combined with cranberries, apple cider vinegar & serrano peppers for a Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly that’ll make your taste buds dance!
Homemade Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Flavor Changers/LifeSavers” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Cranberry red pepper jelly in these adorable SKS Clear Glass Jelly Jars, to serve on yummy breads and crackers with creamy cheese. This red pepper jelly also makes a delicious glaze for meats, poultry and pork spareribs. Plus it is an absolute favorite on Turkey sandwiches!
To shop these super awesome SKS Clear Glass Jelly Jars just click on the image above and then it will take you right to the shop!!!
If you love these cute glass jelly jars as much as I do then you should get some for all you fun fall gifts this year!!! I use them all year long for jams and jellies as well as to fill with Honey Butter and then gift to teachers with Fresh Bread! (Always a well-loved gift!)
Who’s ready for Fall?! SKS Bottle & Packaging is an industry leader in products that every crafing cook will love – 100% recyclable, Made in the USA glass jelly jars. The SKS Glass Jelly Jars come in all different sizes and each case comes with the cute gold lug caps.
So, whether you’re looking to include these sweet babies in a gift basket, or create a fun variety pack of flavored jams and jellies; these SKS clear glass jelly jars are just so perfect for you. The fun uses of these clear glass jars are endless!
Fireworks in your mouth
Dear Reader, if a Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly sounds scary tasting to you: then listen again!
In my Grilled Chicken Bahn Mi post I talked about Remi the rat who combined certain flavors to create the “Fireworks in my mouth!” effect. Reader I would like to encourage you to remember that as you read this recipe, because this is definitely a “Fireworks in my mouth!” recipe…
Tell your tastebuds to visualize biting into a piece of french bread with a creamy camberet cheese spread atop. This bite is paired with cranberry red pepper jelly…
Now, do you taste it? Creamy, salty, sweet with a hint of oaky nuttiness. Oh, and that jelly?! Sweet heat, crisp with a slight tang on the finish…
My friends, if you want to try something that will blow your mind with it’s deliciousness, then this cranberry red pepper jelly is the thing for you.
It’s FALL y’all!
Fall has officially begun y’all! Don’t you just love the fall? I love the holidays found in the fall, especially Thanksgiving. I love the foods of fall. The colors and the fall weather… Really, I just love all of Fall!
This cranberry red pepper jelly recipe I am sharing with you today is entirely inspired by the fall. It’s colors, it’s ingredients, it’s taste… Fall! I mean think of how I described it’s flavors:
Sweet heat, crisp with a slight tang on the finish…
If that isn’t putting Fall into food I don’t know what is!
Which is perfect, because you will want to serve this jelly alongside your Thanksgiving turkey and with it’s leftovers in sandwiches the next day as well!
If you’v never made jelly before, it’s suprisingly easy. This is a recipe for a refrigerator jelly. Once made it will stay good in your refrigerator for 8-10 weeks. (Possibly longer, but I’ve always eaten it too fast to know for sure).
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly:
- 4 Large Red Bell Peppers
- 1-2 Seranno Peppers cut in half and deseeded
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 14 oz can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1.75oz package ORIGINAL pectin
- 1/2 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Canola Oil
- Dice half of one of the peppers into very small pieces and set aside.
- Cut the remaining peppers in 1 inch chunks.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine large pepper chunks, Serrano pepper halves, vinegar, apple juice, cranberry sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Strain all liquids through a fine strainer and set pot of liquid aside for a moment.
- In small saute pan, heat canola oil over medium heat then add the diced red pepper. Cook until tender but not colored. Approximately 5 mins.
- Pour cooked diced pepper into the sauce pan with the liquids.
- Add the original pectin and butter and turn the heat on to Med-high-high heat.
- Using a thermometer, cook liquids together, stirring continuously, until they reach 215F degrees.
- Pour the jelly into your SKS jelly jars or storage containers and cover with the lids.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for up to 2 months.
- Serve with crackers or breads and cheese, as a glaze, or in sandwiches...