Fudgy Chocolate Brownies loaded with gooey marshmallow, & topped with chocolate cookie crumble. Easy recipe for the best Marshmallow Brownies ever!
Cookie Crumble Marshmallow Brownies
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Perfect Sandwich” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I am a Cookie Crumble Marshmallow Cream Brownie.
Do you remember in my Sweet Heat Garlic Shrimp post how I said it’s been a rough week? Well I wasn’t kidding. I passed a kidney stone, my baby boy got a big surgery, it was the anniversary of one of the very worst moments of my life, and to top off that trifecta of awfulness; the stress of it all caused me to get an ulcer.
In short, I’m gonna need like 6 more trays of these marshmallow brownies before I start feeling up to par again.
On the positive, Rocco is doing great and totally milking his recovery.
Y’all let’s get real for a minute…
Sometimes very bad things happen, right? Right.
And there’s nothing you can do about them, right? Right.
When the world turns it’s back on you, you turn your back on the world!
Wise words from Timon.
Or are they?
Sorry my little Meerkat friend, but “Hakuna Matata” only works for so long. Eventually those demons creep back up and you’re left with all those feelings of “not enough”.
Dear Reader, like Simba I have guilt problems. I don’t feel guilty for my Dad’s death. Probably because he is still alive.
However I do feel guilt for things I know logically that I have absolutely no control over whatsoever. Demons that came from choices not my own have left me in a state of maybe’s, would’ve’s, should’ve’s and could’ve’s…
Maybe if I was smarter…
I should’ve tried harder to be more. More pretty, more happy, more funny, more witty, more…
If I would’ve prioritized things differently…
I should’ve found ways to be more supportive.
Maybe if I was more fun and interesting…
Then I say “Hakuna Matata” and try to think of the paradisaical jungle of nice things people have said to me in my life.
You are the nicest person…
Juli you’re awesome!
You make such good food.
Juli you have done all you can.
However, as nice and sometimes validating as those words have been to hear; it’s not enough. It’s never enough to stop the “enough” demons. At the end of the day; I am not enough, I was not enough, and I will never ever be enough.
Enough of what? I’m not actually sure.
No! Wrong! So very very wrong.
Y’all I am so far from perfection it’s kind of sad. Do you know what though? That’s okay. Do you want to know what is “perfect enough”?
Accepting my own imperfections for what they are.
I am not, nor will I ever be; perfect. However, I am real. So very very real.
I cry, I scream, I eat way too many marshmallow brownies in a row, I laugh, I snort while I laugh, I have grey hairs, I get angry, and sometimes when I am very very angry I even swear. I am a beautiful thing that has had the misfortune of being broken. Again and again and again. However, even with all that breaking; I have class and am sufficient and perfect enough in my own imperfections.
Perfect Enough Marshmallow Brownies
These marshmallow brownies are like me; perfect in their imperfections.
I mean look at them! They’re gooey and then messy and they’re totally falling apart at the seams. However, they are also fudgy chocolate brownie loaded with marshmallow meltiness and crunchy cookies to top it all off.
I’m asking you; How perfect is that?! Very. Very perfect. Or at least “very perfect” for the right person. Are you the right person? If so, then I wont make you wait another moment for this delicious recipe!
Recipe for Cookie Crumble Marshmallow Cream Brownies:
- 1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix with all its called for ingredients.
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff Cream
- 1 cup Crushed Chocolate Cookies (I usually use Oreos or a similar cookie)
- Make your favorite brownies according to the box directions.
- Place in the oven at the called for temperature and set the timer for twelve minutes short of the called for amount of time.
- With twelve minutes until your brownies are finished, remove the pan from the oven. The brownie batter should still be loose but beginning to thicken.
- Drop the oven temperature down to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drop approximately 9 dollops of marshmallow fluff cream across the batter in broken lines.
- Sprinkle the Crushed Cookies over the top of the Brownies and Marshmallow Fluff.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 15-25 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes away mostly clean with just bits of brownie sticking to it.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before eating.
Be a Love and share this and other Flirting with Flavor recipes to Pinterest!