This Kid Friendly Breakfast Sliders post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods USA, Inc. ©. The opinions and text are all mine.
Quick, easy, and FUN family breakfast sliders! Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches reinvented into a simple but delicious sandwich the whole family can enjoy!!!
Kid Friendly Breakfast Sliders
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Amazing Breakfasts” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Visit this page for more fun McCain® Smiles® Inspiration!
Here we have the most delicious breakfast combination! Think breakfast hash meets breakfast sandwich.
At baseline, this is such a delicious and simple meal that the whole family can enjoy. However, be sure to check out the list of “Adultifying this Breakfast Sandwich” ideas to really kick it up a notch!
Easy Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
At our house we love to brunch on the weekends.
Now reader, brunching is all well and great! However, last Easter I made the mistake of turning our brunch-time pancakes into bunnies…
It was all downhill from there. I can’t make a normal brunch ever again. Which really can be fun, but y’all, sometimes you have to brunch quickly.
If you are experiencing this same conundrum: Never fear! Super-mom is here!
Okay well I’m not super-mom: but I do think pretty highly of myself for these breakfast sliders because they are DELICIOUS, fast, and crazy easy to make!
How to make Breakfast Hash Sandwiches
So making these super cute and very delicious breakfast sliders is easy. I feel like those smiles do all the work! Haha.
- Bake the McCain Smiles Regular Mashed Potato Shapes.
- While those are cooking, cook your sausage patties and eggs.
- I like to top my sausage patties with cheese, and my eggs with herbs.
- Assemble your breakfast sliders and enjoy!
Foods to make you Smile
I found these adorable McCain Smiles potatoes at Walmart. They were in the frozen foods aisle above their Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries, Seasoned Curly Fries, and Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries (which by the way are all awesome options). I thought to myself “why zippity-do-dah! What a good find, self!” and I just knew they had to come home with me.
Adultifying this Breakfast Sandwich
Now obviously kids are gonna love these. But what’s really nice is that we adults will too! They have no artificial flavors and are made with real potatoes!
When I conceptualized these breakfast sliders, the idea was a breakfast hash turned sandwich. My typical breakfast hash is made with potatoes, sausage, egg, cheese, thyme, cilantro, and red pepper; and then I top it all with fresh avocado.
These breakfast sliders are amazing at baseline, but if you really wanna up the wow factor (like if you decide to serve these to your besties- such a good idea ps!), then here are some great add-on ideas:
- Hot Sauce or Asian sweet chili sauce
- Hollandaise Sauce (Yassssss!!!)
- Red and Green Peppers
- Fried or over-easy eggs
- Melted or caramelized onions (Ohmigosh YUMMM: I seriously want to insert a drooling face emoticon here!)
- Switch out the meat: Prosciutto anyone?
Kids sleeping in
Last thought before I let ya get to gettin’ on these delectable breakfast sliders:
Kids are all kinds of crazy:
They are crazy awesome.
And crazy amazing.
Plus occasionally crazy making.
Reader, please tell me I’m not alone in this— Do your kids wake up way too crazy early on the weekend?
Seriously y’all, if it’s a weekday: then when I try to wake them for school it’s a no-go and a morning of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth (not to mention their reactions).
However, when the weekend comes along, you know what happens every time?
I know you know. Heck, I know you know that I know that you know. But still, it has to be said: on the weekend they wake before the sun!
Someone go all therapist on me and explain this to me please!
And while you’re explaining the mysteries of the universe: why are you still reading this?! Go cook some Smiley Breakfast Sliders already y’all!
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Kid Friendly Breakfast Sliders:
- 16 McCain Smiles Regular Mashed Potato Shapes
- 1- 8count package of Sausage Patties
- 8 small slices Gouda Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2TBS milk
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Place McCain Smiles Regular Mashed Potato Shapes on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake according to package directions.
- While potato shapes are baking, cook sausage according to stovetop directions.
- When sausage is completed cooking but still very hot: top it with the slices of cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, thyme, salt and pepper and stir to mix well.
- Over medium heat in a small frying pan cook for approximately two minutes then flip and cook for another two minutes; repeat if necessary until eggs are fully cooked.
- Using the rim of a glass, cut eggs into circular shapes.
- Assemble your sandwiches using the Smiles as the sandwich beginning and ends.