This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sautéed vegetables with marinated and browned pork loin, served over noodles in a white wine cream sauce, then topped with shaved Parmesan.
Tuscan Pork Loin with Pork Belly Pasta in White Wine Buerre Blanc
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Semi-Homemade Delicious Meals” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Tyson TastemakersTM Meal Kits and Premium Meat Pairings (found in the fresh meat aisle at Target, you can use this store locator to find one near you!) let you create fresh and convenient meals throughout the week with most of the prep work done for you! This recipe is for a delicious semi-homemade meal starting with a Tyson TastemakersTM Meal Kit – Tuscan-Style Pork Loin and Pork Belly Pasta.
I have two fun traditions I try to do with my kids every week.
- Restaurant Night! Read more about that and see some awesome pictures from it on my “About Me” page. And,
- Cooking School. One day a week I teach my kids how to cook one thing.
When I first started teaching them to cook I was attempting to teach things like sauces, pastas and breads. I quickly realized that that was beyond their abilities at that point. So instead I turned to box mixes. I decided they needed to learn to read a recipe and follow it’s directions before we learned the harder parts of cooking
Once they learned to follow the directions on boxed mixes such as cake mix, brownie mix and so on… I taught them some tricks for taking a pre-made mix and making it taste homemade (ie: Use buttermilk instead of water in cake and muffin mixes, butter instead of oil in fruit breads, etc…).
This has become one of their favorite things to do and they have become quite good at it!
A fun and fast Culinary Adventure
Just a couple weeks ago we discovered Tyson TastemakersTM Meal Kits and also the Tyson TastemakersTM Premium Meat Pairings; both of which my children have been loving! They use high quality meats that are pre-seasoned, and fresh pre-cut and washed vegetables, for ease in creating fresh and convenient meals throughout the week.
The instructions are easy to follow, but true to our regular course, we did switch a few things up.
I have to tell you, dear reader, that this was such a fun meal to watch be prepared: I literally sat back on a kitchen stool and took pictures while they did ALL of the work, and at the end of all that: I was fed a fun and tasty meal. Woot Woot! All around win.
The changes we made:
This meal is great as is, but we always make changes. So let me tell you the things we did differently and then you can choose whether you do so or not.
- Butter: We used butter, salt and pepper rather than the called-for oil when sautéing the vegetables.
- We then removed the vegetables from the pan entirely before adding the meat to the butter.
- Once the meat was cooked, we removed it from the pan as well.
- Then we added the called-for water with some uncalled for sprigs of fresh thyme, because fresh herbs help the world go round.
- When we added the White Wine Buerre Blanc sauce, we brought it to a simmer as the directions said to do. However, before adding the pasta, we added some cream to the sauce.
The end product was a creamy delicious pasta dish with Tuscan flavors. The vegetables were perfectly sautéed and the kids loved the flavorful pork.
Tuscan style pork loin and pasta:
I think ZeeZee (my seven year old daughter pictured) said it best:
“This was DEE-eee-EEE-licious! I think I’m gonna make it all the time!”
Haha! Out of the mouths of babes…
But good news, if you want to see for yourself how delicious these meal kits and meat pairings are, you can Save $4 on one at your local Target with this coupon!
Okay y’all, enough talk: Let’s eat!
Recipe for Tuscan-Style Pork Loin and Pork Belly Pasta:
- 1 Tyson TastemakersTM Meal Kit – Tuscan-Style Pork Loin and Pork Belly Pasta
- 2-4 TBS Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Cream
- In a med-large size pan, heat butter over medium high heat
- Once butter is hot, add the onions.
- saute Onions for 2 minutes, then add the zucchini and lightly season the vegetables with slat and pepper.
- Continue to cook until Zucchini are well cooked and slightly browned (Approx 2-3 minutes).
- Remove vegetables from the pan and add another tablespoon of butter.
- Add the pork and break it apart as it cooks.
- Saute pork for approximately 5 minutes, or until browned on all edges then remove from pan.
- Add water and Thyme sprigs to the pan and scrape up all the bits of browned meat and vegetables (this will help flavor the sauce) up as you stir while it heats.
- Bring water to a light simmer then add the Buerre Blanc sauce pack.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add Cream.
- Bring sauce back up to a simmer then add the pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Plate the pasta with vegetables and meatatop it.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.