BLT Burrata Salad: Bacon, Lettuce (baby arugula), and Tomatoes served with creamy Burrata Cheese and drizzled with an easy basil chimichurri dressing!
BLT Burrata Salad
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Foods” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Are you looking for a salad to impress a crowd? Maybe a salad that your whole family can enjoy? How about the perfect salad to eat as the meal instead of the side?
Oh?, None of the above? You’re just here because you heard the words bacon and burrata in the same recipe?! Oooh I like you. That’s why I’d be here too. Plus all the other reasons as well!
This BLT burrata salad is perfection in a bite! All atop of light layer of ricotta cheese, we have savory delicious bacon combined with the subtle spice of baby arugula and the sweet of cherry tomatoes; then topped with a tangy delicious homemade basil-chimichurri and mellow creamy burrata… Oh my word y’all! It’s so good!
Let’s talk about the ricotta for a moment! Ricotta is an awesome source of both protein and calcium. However it’s not my favorite to work with because the texture is a little weird… But under a salad?!
Y’all!, putting a light layer of ricotta under your arugula salad is pretty much the best ever. I saw this idea on my friend Neda’s page “Healthy with Nedi”. and it’s an obsession now. I absolutely love the subtle sweet and creamy flavor it adds to a dish.
This dressing recipe was a total accident when I was making a different salad and didn’t have all the ingredients I needed for a chimichurri sauce so I used a bunch of basil in place of the called for parsley. And oh my word you guys! It’s so good and compliments this BLT Burrata salad sooooo perfectly.
One thing: In this dressing recipe I call for Bruschetta seasoning. Here is an affiliate link to my favorite Sweet Basil and Oregano Bruschetta seasoning mix. It’s a game changer I use in pastas and on chicken and in many other quick easy dishes. You’ll love it in this dressing! But if you don’t have it and you’re wanting to make the dressing right this very moment, then the ingredients in the seasoning include:
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
Recipe for BLT Burrata Salad:
- Ricotta Cheese
- Bacon, chopped and cooked to a light crisp
- Baby Arugula
- Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in halves
- Burrata Cheese, cut each ball into quarters
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup packed Fresh Sweet Basil
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1.5 TBS minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup plus 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1.5 TBS Bruschetta Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- On your serving board, use a spatula to evenly apply a 1/4 inch layer of Ricotta Cheese.
- Top the cheese with a generous layer of baby arugula.
- Then drizzle lightly with dressing.
- Now generously cover those layers with sliced tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- strategically place the burrata quarters throughout the salad and add another light drizzle of the dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy!