This chocolate sweet buns post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Rhodes©. The opinions and text are all mine.
Fluffy rolls with a delicious cream filling and dipped in chocolate. Easy recipe for fantastic gourmet looking chocolate sweet buns.
Chocolate Sweet Buns
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Best Food EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
A gourmet looking dessert that actually takes very little effort but always provides delicious results.
Using pre-made frozen roll dough from Rhodes Bake n Serv, these rolls are simple to do. Rhodes rolls can defrost and rise on the countertop quickly. However, Rhodes also has an overnight defrost and rise method that makes these sweet buns a perfect freshly baked breakfast option!
Cream Filled Rolls
These sweet buns are simple to make and I’ve created a graphic that shows the step by step below. Here a couple quick notes regarding these steps.
An egg wash is a mixture of beaten egg and milk that is brushed onto baked goods prior to the actual baking. The purpose of the egg wash is 3 fold:
- An egg wash helps seals up the edges of the pastry. In this case it’s important so you can get that nice puffy roll that holds it’s shape even as it cools.
- The egg wash adds color. Leaving the rolls without an egg wash can lead to a crust that looks pale and doughy. Egg yolk provides rich color, browning easily in the oven.
- Shine. Egg whites provide a nice sheen, giving your rolls a professional looking shine.
Creme filling for sweet buns
The cream filling can be as light and simple or as intense and flavorful as you desire. Some fun options include:
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- Chocolate pudding
- Whipped cream mixed with cream cheese or with raspberry jam, or both!
- Chocolate hazelnut cream
I use the chocolate that’s sold in stores specifically for dipping cookies, breads, and fruits into. However, I still add a little but of oil to the chocolate for a smoother melt.
Recipe for Chocolate Sweet Buns with Cream Filling:
- 12 Rhodes Bake n Serv frozen rolls, defrosted and risen to package directions
- 1 egg
- Dash of Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Chocolate Cream, heavy whipping cream, cool whip, pudding, or any other filling that fits your fancy.
- Dipping Chocolate
- Defrost, and rise rolls to package directions.
- Mix egg yolk, milk, and salt; then lightly brush the rolls with the egg wash.
- Bake rolls according to package directions.
- Let rolls cool completely.
- Then using scissors or a thin knife, poke a hole in the bottom of the rolls. Using your finger, reach inside and push roll around to create a larger center cavity.
- Using a icing bag with tip: pipe the cream filling into the center.
- Dip the top half of the rolls into dipping chocolate and then let cool and harden.