Easy and delicious cinnamon roll bunnies that are a fun activity for the entire family to make.
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Easter” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Butter, cinnamon, and sugar: who could ask for anything more?!
This dough is an overnight dough to be kept in the fridge and used first thing in the morning, or can be used at the time you’re making it. Either way it’s light, fluffy and delicious!
How to roll cinnabunies
To make the cinnabunnies, you will roll your dough to about half an inch thick and 12 inches tall. Cut into strips that are one inch wide and 12 inches long.
Then at the center of the strip create almost a circle. Twist the long ends over each other. Then pinch the ends to create the ear shape.
Round out the circle center area to make a more round belly for your bunny. Then using a small piece of dough, roll it into a circle and place it as the rabbit tail.
Cinnamon Roll Bunnies
Before baking you will brush the dough bunnies with melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
However, to get a really great coverage and lots of flavor, the trick is to butter, cinnamon, and sugar the bunny again once it’s finished baking.
I usually spoon the butter of the baked bunny rather than brushing. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Cream Cheese Fluff
All good cinnamon rolls have a cream cheese frosting and these cinnabunnies won’t leave ya disappointed.
I’m hoppy to present: Cream Cheese Fluff!
A cream cheese frosting that is spooned together with light and whipped cream to create a light and fluffy cream cheese dip for your cinnabunnies!
Recipe for Cinnabunnies and Cream Cheese Fluff:
- 1.5 TBSP Yeast
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1TBSP Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups of flour
- 5 more cups of flour
- Melted Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 4oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS milk
- 3/4 c powder sugar
- Dash of salt
- In a mixer add yeast, warm water, and sugar. Combine and then let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, eggs, oil, and 5 cups of flour. Mix for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Then add another 5 cups of flour and mix for approximately 7 minutes on medium-low speed.
- Then let rise 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a rectangle on a floured board and cut into one inch by 12 inch strips. Shape strips into bunnies.
- Cover with a light cloth and refrigerate for 8 hours,
- OR cover with a light cloth and let rise again for one hour.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Whip your heavy cream until it is thick and formng peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix well the cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Then add the powder sugar and salt and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Spoon together your whipped cream and your cream cheese mixture.