Flavorful and moist zucchini cake with a great crumb. Topped with a crunch lemon glaze that takes the cake next level.
Zucchini cake with crunch lemon glaze
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Desserts” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I know this flavor combination doesn’t sound magical, but trust me: it is!
Personally I think this cake actually tastes best next morning when the flavors have had time to mature.
I also like making a double batch of the lemon glaze. My kids say that’s too much lemon tho, so take that with a grain of salt.
Anyway, it’s delicious. The end 💛😘.
- 3 cups flour?
- 1 tsp salt?
- 1 tsp baking soda?
- 1 tsp baking powder?
- 2 tsp cinnamon?
- 3 eggs?
- 1 cup vegetable oil?
- 2.5 scant cups sugar?
- 2 tsp vanilla?
- 1 tsp almond extract?
- 2.5 cups zucchini, shredded and excess moisture squeezed from it?
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice?
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar?
- 1 cup powdered sugar?
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Then add wet ingredients separately and mix well.
- Finally stir in the zucchini.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and let cool.? Then glaze your cake.
- Mix the granulated sugar and lemon juice and let sit for a few minutes.
- Then add powdered sugar.