Hearty Coconut Curry Soup with pre-made chicken potstickers for a fast, easy, & delicious coconut curry wonton soup recipe.
Coconut Curry Wonton Soup
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Best Soups EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Pop Quiz: What tastes delicious, can be made in less than 15 minutes, is gluten-free and allergy friendly, and is even better than take out?!!!⠀
Winning Answer: This Coconut Curry Wonton Soup!⠀
Y’all, if you haven’t tried my Thai Yellow Chicken Curry Soup, then your majorly missing out. ⠀
Like me: It’s a total keeper 😜!!!!⠀
And you know what I just did?⠀
I made that fast and easy recipe even faster and easier because I cut the chicken and noodles from the recipe and instead used store bought chicken potstickers.
Easy Wonton Soup
I’m not a panda or a kung fu master; but every time I eat potstickers I pretend I’m Po and I fight with my kids. Hahaha!
Dear Reader, don’t worry: no children or pandas were harmed in the making of this soup!
Also, I can’t tell you how easy this soup is. I literally made it in 15 minutes! Let me share my process and then you should add the ingredients to your shopping list for the week!
Simple Wonton Soup
First, start the wontons: just follow the package directions.
*Note: I have noticed it’s best if you add a little oil to the wonton water or else they stick to the bottom of the sauce or frying pan.
Then, make your Coconut Curry Wonton Soup.
That’s it: Haha! IT’s simple really. You just want to be sure to start the wontons before the soup or you’ll end up having to wait on the wontons to finish cooking, because the soup base is a VERY quick recipe…
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Coconut Curry Wonton Soup:
Yields 6 servings
8 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1-2 TBS butter
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 4-6 Carrots coarsely chopped
- 3 cups Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
- 2 Cubes Chicken Bullion
- 1 C Yellow Curry Sauce (I like the stuff you can get at Trader Joes! You can also use paste, but will obviously have to adjust amounts of stock accordingly…)
- 2 can Coconut milk
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Frozen chicken potstickers, cooked according their package directions.
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- On medium heat, saute your onion with red pepper flakes, in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat up to med-high and add the carrots. Cook for 5 more minutes,sticking on the bottom of the pot.
- Now add enough stock/bullion to just cover your vegetables. Add the Bullion and the Curry Sauce. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- As soon as soup reaches a boil; add coconut milk and drop temperature down to med-low.
- Let it all simmer together 5-10 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Serve over Chicken Potstickers.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
Tangled with Taste says