Chocolate cookies made with Hot Cocoa mix, Mini Marshmallows, & Cocoa Pebbles. Easy recipe to create amazing ooey-gooey Hot Cocoa Cookies with a perfect Crunch!
Hot Cocoa Cookies with a Crunch
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Cookies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
There’s something perfect about a delicious super chocolaty cup of Hot Cocoa that is topped with marshmallows. Marshmallows that are just slightly melted and finish dissolving on your hot cocoa coated tongue. Mmmm! That perfect magic is what I was trying to capture when I created these Hot Cocoa cookies. Soft, and moist chocolaty cookies with gooey melting marshmallows! However, I believe in texture, especially when it comes to cookies. So these aren’t straight up Hot Cocoa Cookies, they are Hot Cocoa Cookies with a perfect Crunch. And they are magical.
These hot cocoa cookies are made in a similar fashion to my Marshmallow Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies.
*A couple quick tips for your Hot Cocoa Cookies!
- First, The Cocoa Pebbles. In order to keep the Cocoa Pebbles from turning to mush in the moist cookie dough, we have to turn them into a crunchy delicious bit of awesomeness. This is a separate baking procedure. Double the recipe because you’ll want to make these hot cocoa cookies over and over again!
Also, Cool the Cocoa Pebbles mixture completely before adding it to your hot cocoa cookie dough. It cools pretty fast, so while you’re waiting on it to finish cooling, you can begin assembling your dough.
- Next, The marshmallows. Be sure to use Vegan marshmallows! Regular mini marshmallows contain gelatin. As the cookies bake, regular mini marshmallows dissolve into a mess. The vegan marshmallows hold their shape and bake into gooey amazingness.
I purchase my vegan mini marshmallows at Trader Joe’s, but you can also usually find them in the health food section at your local grocer.
- The Pudding in the Dough. Make sure you use INSTANT chocolate pudding mix in your hot cocoa cookie dough. None of that cook and serve or sugar-free whatever. They wont turn out right if it’s not the instant stuff.
Okay y’all, go make these wonderful Hot Cocoa Cookies! Eat them with a steaming mug of Cocoa or Coffee and then go caroling! Or skip the caroling and come back and tell me how much you and yours all loved these delicious Hot Cocoa cookies and how you can’t wait to eat them again! Haha! Happy Holidays Y’all!!!
- 2.5 cups of Cocoa Pebbles or similar cereal
- 1/4 cup of milk powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4.5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Pour the cocoa pebbles cereal in a bowl, then add the milk powder, the sugar and the salt and toss them together to mix.
- Now, Add the butter and toss again until they are well coated.
- The mixture will sort of form small clusters.
- Spread the pebbles and clusters onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, until toasted.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Powdered Hot Chocolate mix (I used Swiss Miss)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One 3.2-3.9 ounce packet instant chocolate pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2-2.5 cups Cocoa Pebble Crispies
- 1.5 cups Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- Cream together the butter, salt, Cocoa Mix, and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter and flour mixtures together.
- Add the marshmallows, and cocoa pebble crispies.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before shaping and baking.
- On a tray make 2.5 inch cookie dough balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes to finish cooking, before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Last but not least, share the love and pin these yummy cookies to Pinterest!