Fun and easy tutorials, crafts, foods, and decor ideas for a the ultimate super cute and doable Monster Mash Kids Halloween Party.
The Ultimate Kids Halloween Party
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Halloween” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post was originally live Sept 2017 and is being reposted in Oct 2018 for easy finding.
Here we have the cutest Halloween party ever! In this blogpost you will find lots of fun ideas for a fun kids party that can also easily be converted into an adult’s Halloween party because we go classy y’all! Classy.
If you’re looking to convert this into an adult Halloween party, I highly suggest you get this murder mystery dinner party game to match the decor or one that is similar, to give the adults a night of laughs. Because the games in this post are purely Kids Halloween Party games. However never fear, the food and decor is a happy option for all ages.
This past weekend I co-hosted a Kids Halloween Party with Whitney from Dazzling Hospitality and it was a blast y’all!
Dear reader I know what you’re thinking:
A Halloween party in September?
Yes! Don’t judge. We are just that great at being go-getters… Haha! And we couldn’t wait to try our kid’s Halloween costumes on them. And for the realest reason of them all: We just REALLY LOVE Halloween!
Dear reader, I know what you’re thinking now:
If you love Halloween so much, why don’t you marry it?
I’ve tried okay? Reader, I’ve tried…
I can’t believe you’re asking these kinds of questions… Ya little snot nugget.
Halloween Kids Party Food Ideas
So for our Halloween Kids Party we threw it during hours that were not “meal-time” hours. This made the food super easy. We just did treats.
- A monster “Scream Cheese Chocolate Cake” that I have created a video tutorial for and can be found here.
- “Creepy Crawler Sour Apple Punch“. I’ve also created a video tutorial for this fun and easy punch (that the kiddos loved!).
- Rice Krispies treats monsters! These are pretty straight forward in the making. You just dip one end of the Rice Krispies in colored chocolate to match your party colors and then add little monster eyes. I found the eyes in the cake decorating part of the baking aisle at Walmart.
Should you decide to throw your party during mealtime, then here is what I would do: Have a couple Halloween themed foods (such as the ones listed above), and some great Halloween decorations, and then add normal finger foods that will work just fine with the party because you have it surrounded by Halloween themed things. Fun finger food dinner ideas include:
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Chicken Roll-ups
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Pizza Bites
- Chik Fil A Chicken Nugget Party Platter (In my opion you can never go wrong with Chik-fil-a! And they didn’t even pay me anything to say that! Haha!!!)
- Finger Sandwhiches
- Chips and Salsa
- List your other ideas in the comments of this post as I’m sure other readers will appreciate them!!!
Kids Halloween Party Games and Crafts
For the favors and as a fun activity at our party, the kids decorated these adorable “Chalk-O-Lanterns”! Click here for a fast and easy tutorial for making these chalk paint Jack-o-lanterns.
Other fun game ideas for your Halloween Party include:
- Pumpkin Bowling (because…. AWESOMENESS!!!)
- Pin the Face pieces on the Jack-o-lantern.
- Bobbing for Apples (It’s a classic! And the all around best way to ruin all the kids Halloween face paint. Haha!)
- Halloween Candy Corn Bingo
- Don’t Eat Frankenstein (just like that old game “Don’t Eat Pete” but you change the name, and face…)
How to Decorate for the Ultimate Kids Halloween Party
Some fun ways to dress up your Kids Halloween Party like we did ours, is:
- Layers! Just like with clothing, sometimes you need layers to add some class. Notice the Spider Web placemats that areunder the Gold Chargers, that are under the silver plastic plates? All that stuff can be found at your local Walmart. And then look how great it looks!
- I found plastic Gold skulls at my local Dollar store. The skulls were cheap looking, but then I sprayed them with matte Gold spray paint I got at Walmart, and voila! Classy and cute!
- Then I was in a spray painting mood, so the candelabra and finally a couple used drink bottles that were cleaned out and just the right size for candles, got hit next! Hahaha!
Honestly speaking, 90% of the decor for this party was put together by Whitney. So for everything else you are wondering about: she has created tutorials over at Dazzling Hospitality for you to now be able to recreate this entire look if you so desire.
Okay Y’all! I think I told you about everything, however I do tend to forget things. If you have any questions then please let me know in the comments below! Good luck and I hope your littles love your party!!!