This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SmithfieldÒ. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sometimes it’s hard making lunchtime exciting for your kids. Here are fun sandwiches to make opening their lunch box your child’s favorite part of the day.
Sandwiches Your Kids Will Love
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Kiddos” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Sometimes it gets hard to keep a routine while still making lunchtime exciting for your kids. Having a variety of deli quality lunch meat easily on hand allows for you to prep lunch in a snap without getting stuck in a rut. Here are some fun ways to use those lunch meats to help give your kiddos a lunch they’ll never want to trade.
Monster Face Sandwiches
I’ve been making pack lunches for my picky eaters for the past 8 years. It’s a challenge to create a satisfying meal that they’ll enjoy and still get full from. But I’ve become quite adept at it. Here are a few tricks I’ve learned:
- Having a variety of deli quality lunch meat easily on hand allows for you to prep lunch in a snap without getting stuck in a rut.
- Try sending their sandwiches DECONSTRUCTED: As simple as it is, this trick always works beautifully for me. When my children assemble their own food, they seem to enjoy it more. I suppose they take pride in their work. Try it, it may just work wonders for you.
- Characters and Faces: I’ve yet to meet a child that doesn’t love when their food comes with a face. Weird right?! But for real, when nothing else is working then I always turn my kid’s food into a character and then they grow an appetite.
Can you imagine opening your lunch box to that cute fish?!
Prime Fresh Delicatessen by Smithfield
I recently discovered Prime FreshÔDelicatessen by SmithfieldÒ. Hello Yum!!!
They are Deli quality lunch meats, without having to wait in the deli line! They have a large variety of options found in the packaged meat section at Albertsons.We particularly like Prime Fresh Delicatessen by Smithfield Honey Ham!
A good idea for lunches is to have a couple different options on hand. Then you can switch things up daily if wanted, luckily Prime Fresh Delicatessen also carries other varieties of their deli meats like Smoked Ham, Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, and Smoked Roast Beef!
Face Sandwiches for Kids
To make Face sandwiches, all you need are the basic ingredients for a sandwich. You can make just one for the kids’ lunch – or you can easily make up a huge batch for a party in no time.
You will also need a toothpick & a couple of olives. If you have kiddos that won’t get near an olive with a ten-foot pole, then other things you could use for your character’s eyes include:
- Small pickles or cucumbers
- Hard Boiled Egg Slices
- Small grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sliced Radishes
- Small round candies
Let’s “face” it: in just a few minutes flat you can totally make kid’s day and turn an everyday basic & boring sandwich into a “monsterously” exciting and delicious meal!