Flaky buttery crust, filled with a rich delicious cheesecake filling that’s been topped with a cinnamon crumble. Amazing Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Sweet Treats” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.
If you love Sopapillas, or cheesecake, or pie; then you are going to absolutely adore this sopapilla cheesecake pie!
Reader I am just so so excited to share this recipe with you! Per usual I am about to “blah blah blah” for a little while, so if you’re not in the mood, I totally understand… Scroll to the bottom where you will find the recipe and all tips needed while making the pie.
So this one time I was dressed like Cinderella (Visit my “About Me” page to view the images captured that day! LOL). And I was at our city courthouse having my friend snap a few pictures. It should’ve been embarrassing (you know, since about a million people stopped to stare at me), but it was exhilarating.
I want to be on a stage one day I guess.
Anyway, when you’re on that kind of a high, then the best thing to do is make it better by eating good food (duh!). So once we got our pictures taken then we headed over to our local BBQ restaurant where we stuffed our bellies with delicious smoked meats and the Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie that inspired this recipe…
Now that’s a good day…
Sugar makes the heart grow fonder
Reader, if you’ve been following my page for awhile then you know I often post dessert recipes when I’m going through a rough time…
Comfort Eater right here 🙋🏼♀️!
And this post is no exception. Last week my heart was broken. Honestly the break came as a bit of a shock, since I truly didn’t think I could hurt anymore inside than I have for the past couple years since the loss of the most important thing in my life. But then break it did…
Lucky you! Because now I’ve got about ten other desserts in mind for the next couple weeks! Haha!
However I’ll just tell you this:
I am more than a little bit ready to stop living by the words “If only…”
I am… Affirmations of Love
On Saturday I called my sister bawling my eyes out and puking my guts up. My “if only”s were a mile long list…
If only they had known how dearly I loved them. Things might be different, if only they could understand how much I adored their flawed and broken self. If only they could understand love. Things wouldn’t hurt so much, if only love could be practical and reasonable and only happen for those that deserved it. Why wasn’t I enough? Maybe if I was more, if only I was better… maybe I would’ve been worth it.
Enough! she said. It’s time to love yourself. It’s time to say these words until you believe them:
You are an incredible being. A glorious expression. A beautiful heart. You are a generous soul, and a beautiful being. Fearfully, wonderfully, and intricately fashioned. You are a masterpiece.
You were not made for this cage. For a stereotype, for limitations, or even for your own fears. Juli, you were made greatly and for great things!
You are an overcomer, you are strong, you are a fighter. You are an absolute joy because you are YOU. There’s no one like you, and you ARE enough. The world needs YOU.
I don’t believe them yet, but I’m working on it.
- Be sure to bake your Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie on one of the most bottom racks of your oven. If you do not do this, then your crust won’t get as cooked and flaky as tastes best.
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie:
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 10 TBS Butter, cold and cut into small 1/2 inch cubes
- 2-3 TBS COLD water
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 TBS water
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees
- Combine the flour salt and butter in your stand up mixer. with your pastry paddle, mix on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes or until the butter pieces are no larger than a pea.
- Slowly drizzle the cold water into the dough.
- Knead the dough until it is completely smooth and the butter is well incorporated. (You may need to add 1/2 TBS more cold water if the dough is too dry).
- Shape the dough into a one inch thick disk and wrap in Saran Wrap. place in refrigerator for ten to fifteen minutes, up to a day, while you prepare the cheesecake filling (this will keep it from shrinking during the baking process.
- Lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin, then roll outward from the center of the disk until you form a 14-16" round of dough. then carefully place into a pie plate.
- Poke the bottoms of your crust with a fork about 6-8 times.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth,
- Add lemon and vanilla and work with mixer until blended.
- Add eggs; beat until blended.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Combine Sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter and mix with paddle attachment in mixer at lowest setting to break up the butter.
- Once butter is is broken up, add the water and let it continue to mix until the mixture is in large crumbles (kind of like wet sand).
- Sprinkle it over the cheesecake.
- Trim off any excess dough and use it to create a pattern on your crust if you desire.
- ***On the bottom or second to bottom rack of your oven- bake cheesecake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let rest until it comes to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 or more hours.