This Steak and Eggs post is sponsored by Made In Cookware, all opinions are my own and I’d have it no other way!
Seasoned steak seared to perfection in the best pan ever, then roasted with herbs and mushrooms and topped with an egg. Served on a bed of fresh watercress. Fast and Easy Steak and Eggs!
Steak and Eggs with Mushroom and Watercress
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “BEST FOOD EVER” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys today I have the best breakfast (Lunch. Dinner!) recipe for you! These Steak and Eggs take only minutes and taste incredible!
On top of an amazing recipe I’m going to tell you about an amazing pan to cook your steak and eggs in for even better than usual results! It’s the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.
What’s that?! You are the foodie in your life? Well then, I found what you should ask Santa for for Christmas this year!
PS- These steak and Eggs taste amazing with this 2 hour french bread! And that French bread is great in this French Toast! The French toast is… Actually stop, going down the rabbit hole. Back to the steak!
Notice that says “pans” not “plans”. Hahaha!
Dear reader, I would like to introduce you to Made In Cookware. This is not your average frying pan I tell ya. If you’re looking to do away with your cheap old pans, then I highly suggest you “trade up” to Made In Cookware.
When I got married I was given a set of pots and pans. The were fine; a kind and thoughtful gift. I used them for 8 years… They drove me nutso! Regulating temperature was a joke and cleaning those things sent me to anger management (well actually, it didn’t; but it probably should have. I have a serious dislike for dish duty!).
The day I decided to trade in my old pans for new and better options was a happy day indeed!
We all know shopping for cookware can be overwhelming with the vast array of different offerings, brands, and price points. Luckily, things are getting a little more simplified, thanks to Made In being a premium cookware brand that creates better tools for modern cooking.
When I approach brands about working with me I tell them the truth. I tell them
“Tangled with Taste is all about gourmet made simple. For my sake and my readers sake; I only use the best of ingredients and the best products because better ingredients and products are what equal a better dish, a better chef and more quality of life.”
Made In Cookware is a brand that follows this philosophy. They believe great cooking experiences are for everyone; all it takes is the right ingredients, good tools, and a great recipe.
I call this the Trifecta!
- The right ingredients.
- Good tools.
- A great recipe!
Ladies and gentlemen, there you have it…
Tangled with Taste meets Made In Cookware… Trifecta!
Having fun in the kitchen
The other day I had a reader send me a message that read:
“You are inspiring young lady! Your recipes just might help me get over my last 10 year fear of the kitchen. When I started working full time I got too tired to cook like I used to. I started looking through your recipes and got excited to try some new things. Thank you…!”
You guys, this is the goal: To make cooking in the kitchen fun again! For me, cooking is my happy place. It’s how I handle the stress and trials within my world.
But even if it’s not that same kind of release for you; developing new flavors, finding new combinations, cooking great things; that is happiness! And can/ should be fun.
Why home cooking is fun:
Y’all, home cooking really is fun! If you don’t believe me, then do it anyway because you consider these points and your genius brain says “Hey Self! Those are some seriously good points, let’s have fun!”. Here are the points:
- Home cooking saves you money. No waiters to tip! (So now you’ll have extra money for cool pots and pans like this one!)
- You have healthier options with home cooking! (Unless you’re like me and say “Hey I just had a salad for dinner! Now where are the brownies?”. Of course I do that at restaurants too. SO you know, saving money and being healthier at home because I probably wont go through the work for making the brownies at home. Don’t want to do dishes… anger management.)
- Home cooking is a better experience for your children. Really though! I truly believe it’s one of the best ways to work on relationships and have fun together!
- When you cook at home you can control what products are being used. Better products lead to your food tasting even better. Speaking of better products…
Eco friendly tags
How neat is that?! You can plant the fry pan’s tag and then it will grow basil!!!
At Made In Cookware all products are produced in an environmentally responsible way. All production materials are recycled and their cookware does not contain the typical, and potentially harmful, non-stick chemicals that can be found in other cookware products.
Seriously y’all… coolest gift ever!
The question here is: Should you put a raw steak in the gift bag too???
Yes, yes you should.
(Just you know: store the gift bag in the fridge until Christmas!)
Okay y’all enough talk, let’s Eat!
Recipe for Steak and Eggs with Mushroms and Watercress Salad:
- 1+ pound Flat Iron steak, cut into 4 small portions
- 1 TBS butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups watercress, rinsed and the bottoms of the stems removed.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Over medium-high-high heat warm your butter and oil with 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- As soon as the butter is beginning to foam a bit in the pan, add steaks that are HEAVILY seasoned with Salt and Pepper.
- Let the steak cook/sear on one side for 90 seconds on one side, then flip.
- As the steaks cook/sear for another 90 seconds, tilt the pan and scoop up the flavored oil to spoon over the meat and baste it four or five times.
- Add mushrooms to the pan.
- Transfer steak to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While the steak is in the oven, divide the watercress onto serving plates.
- Remove Steak and mushrooms from oven.
- Divide cooked mushrooms on top of the watercress, then top with a steak on each plate.
- Let the steak rest and slightly soften the watercress while you fry your egg.
- In the recently vacated frying pan, crack eggs and drop them into the hot pan.
- Lightly sprinkle the eggs with Salt and Pepper, then transfer the pan to the same oven the steaks were in.
- The eggs should cook for 3.5-4 minutes (no more or your yolk will be hard).
- Place eggs atop the steak...
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!