An easy recipe for the best creme brûlée you will ever try! This simple recipe is fool proof and tastes heavenly!
Fool Proof Creme Brûlée Recipe
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
This post may contain affiliate links or ads. Please see Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin it to your “Desserts” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Please note this recipe was originally published in early 2018 but is being republished now for easy finding.
Best recipe for classic creme brûlée. Simple steps to creating the most delicious at home but restaurant worthy dessert!
What is Creme Brûlée?
In short, this is the best dessert ever of all time. It’s like kisses in food form. Or if kisses aren’t your thing, then it’s like a brand new dress that fits you perfectly (granted it won’t fit you perfectly if you eat too much creme brûlée. Haha!)
You will need:
How to make Creme Brûlée
For such an amazing dessert, it’s crazy how simple it is to make.
It only takes four simple and classic ingredients. That’s it! So you better be planning to make this as soon as you finish reading:
- Vanilla (or other flavoring)
Should Creme Brûlée be served hot or cold?
People! Serve it cold!
For years I thought I didn’t like creme brûlée and it was because I had ordered it off the dessert menu at a restaurant and they brought it to me warm. It had not been given the time it needed to set up and it tasted like egg yolks. Runny Egg Yolks that were somehow gritty too, and then were topped with sugar.
Creme Brûlée can be made ahead of time and kept in refrigerator
You can make your this delightful dessert up to two days in advance without sacrificing flavor or texture. So if that’s what you need to do to insure it gets enough time to cool and set up, then do it. You will not regret it!
*However, one quick note: should you choose to make it ahead of time then be sure to cover it when refrigerating.
Do not, I repeat: DO NOT serve your fool proof and delicious creme brûlée hot, or it will taste like egg.
Recipe for Fool-Proof Creme Brûlée:
Tangled with Taste
Yields 8 ramekins
Foolproof classic Creme Brûlée
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
41 minTotal Time
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 TBS Vanilla
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup and 1 TBS Sugar
- Superfine Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Bring Cream and Vanilla to a simmer over medium-medium-high heat. Drop heat down to low and let simmer for two minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whip sugar and egg yolks for about two minutes until it runs thick and is a pale yellow.
- Keep bowl going to whip yolks while you very slowly drizzle in the warm cream mixture. Be sure to do this slowly so the hot cream doesn't cook or curdle the eggs.
- Place baking ramekins onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Pour custard mixture into ramekins.
- Place tray in oven then pour water in bottom of baking sheet until it comes halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, or until just set. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO TURN EVEN LIGHT BROWN ON TOP.
- Cool ramekins on countertop, then chill in refrigerator for at 3 or more hours, covered in plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon super fine Sugar over each ramekin of custard; tilting the ramekin from side to side to evenly cover, then dump the excess.
- Use a kitchen torch to quickly (but carefully) brown the sugar. There should be a thin, crisp surface of burned sugar on the top of your custard.
- Top with berries and serve immediately!