Thank you to our sponsor Kampgrounds of America for hosting us on this delightful family vacation!
The ultimate family-friendly gourmet camping experience, or shall we say “glamping” with Kampgrounds of America. What to expect when you are staying at a KOA Deluxe Cabin.
Glamping: Gourmet Camping with KOA
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Vacations” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links.
Please see the Tangled with Taste disclosure page for more information.
Camping with my kids was the ultimate goal as a single mother; also a giant fear of mine. I don’t know how to build a tent or pitch a fire. I figured google could probably help when it came down to the wire.
Guess what happened when I searched it though? I learned that it’s pitching a tent and building a fire. Obvs I needed a little help.
Enter: Kampgrounds of America! Hahah.
Kampgrounds of America
- KOA Journey: The perfect place to unwind after a long day on the road. Typically located near the highways and byways of North America, they deliver convenience to the traveling camper.
- KOA Holiday: The ideal place to relax and play with family and friends. Equipped with plenty ofamenities, premium sites and accommodations for camping in comfort, and services to make stays memorable.
- KOA Resort: The vacation destination. Enjoy robust recreation and staff-led activities, kick back and relax by the resort-style pool, or grab a bite to eat, without having to leave the campground.
Glamping at its finest y’all!!!
KOA Deluxe Cabins
KOA has many different options for camping and glamping to fit everyone’s needs. You can actually get the KOA app to help you plan your trip.
We had friends with us and wanted all the space. So we stayed in a KOA Deluxe Cabin. Deluxe Cabins offer full baths and bedrooms and can sleep as many as eight people. Our Deluxe Cabin made life convenient with amenities such as a kitchen, climate control, TV and WiFi, KOA Patios™, and more.
What else was in our cabin?
What’s in my cabin? See my video below to see our accommodations and some of our fun adventures from our super fun week at South Padre Island KOA Holiday.
Glamping- Single Mom Travel
You guys my kids said again and again that this was so much fun and that they never wanted to leave. I felt the same. Here’s why: we had all the perks of camping, and at the end of the day we were still able to follow our bedtime routines and get good night’s sleep in real beds.
When I asked my kids what they liked best, I got all the answers:
- S’mores around the campfire at night.
- BBQing our dinners and then making s’mores on the hot coals! (obviously s’mores were a big hit this trip. Haha!)
- “The POOL! No wait, the BEACH! Oh, and the playground…
Actually just everything!”
Kid-friendly beach camping
When I asked myself and my friend that joined us what we the adults liked best about our KOA stay:
- Fishing, beach playing, fire pits, and every other way a kid loves to get dirty and have fun: We felt like great moms! and we made ALL the memories!
- But then everyone could still get clean at the end of each day filled with fun in the sand and playing at the pool.
- We had a refrigerator!!! As someone who’s just as hungry for their next adventure as they are their next meal, KOA provided a comfortable place to stay with many of the amenities of home. We were set up for success. And it was easy for me to curate my next great dish while still enjoying the great outdoors: we could start the day eating a pancake breakfast and have cold drinks on hand at all times. We could make ourselves gourmet lunches and dinners with all the fixings, whilst our kids ate their desired hot dogs.
What to pack when going Beach Glamping
So per usual, I’ll end my travel post with a packing list. Haha!
Honestly our cabin had pretty much everything we needed and if we forgot anything then the on-site convenience store most likely had what we were missing. That being said:
- Sun protection: Hats and sunscreen, pack a lot of it.
- Beach Towels: we played at the pool and at the beach every single day. It was nice to have extra towels on hand. Though the KOA did provide plenty of towels in the bathroom as well.
- S’more sticks and a lighter: Our KOA campground provided an open access fire pit. We used it quite often!
- Insect Repellant: When staying near water there are always a LOT of bugs, especially in the evenings when you’re roasting s’mores!
- Beach toys: these were worth every penny. Our kids would’ve played day and night at the beach with just that single bucket of toys. It was so much fun.
Where to stay for your next outdoor adventure
Well, in case the video and this post didn’t make it obvious, I’ll just tell you straight out: we loved our stay at South Padre Island KOA Holiday. I highly recommend checking out a local KOA when planning your next outdoor vacation and adventures!