This is the best pumpkin cake you will ever try! Every bite of this pumpkin spice poke cake is perfectly moist, flavorful, spiced, and it is ridiculously easy to make.
Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Fall Food” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This recipe was in collaboration with Rachael over at EZPZMealz.
Have you ever tried better than sex cake? Well, this is the fall version of that cake and it is out-of-this-world yummy. You know what makes it extra awesome? It’s semi-homemade. Translation: it’s incredibly fast easy to make, but tastes like hard work and time.
Click here to see a start-to-finish video of the process in making this incredible pumpkin spice poke cake.
Pumpkin Crack Cake
So the trick to making this the best cake ever isn’t in the cake mix itself, but rather in what you do with it once it’s baked.
ie: Poke a ton of holes into your gorgeous cake, rendering it something ugly. Then pour sweetened condenses milk all over the top of that hot and holy cake. Then let the milk soak in until the cake is cooled. Finally, you will top the cake with the best cream cheese frosting known to man.
And voila! It’s insanely good.
The best Cream Cheese Frosting
I need to tell you the secret to the frosting, because at first glance this will look like your typical cream cheese buttercream. But in fact, it’s more than that.
The secret is in the mixing! First we mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter until nice and smooth; typical of a normal frosting recipe. However, we then separately mix the heavy whipping cream until peaks form.
THEN we spoon stir the two together.
This keeps the frosting nice and fluffy. A cream cheese “whip” or “cloud frosting”, if you will.
In this version of the cake, I’ve drizzled it with salted caramel. Other topping options include:
- Toffee pieces (or Heath bar, chopped)
- Chocolate shavings
- Chocolate chips
- Candied nuts
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Frozen Rolos, chopped
Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake:
- 1 16.5 oz box spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 12 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 c butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Dash of Salt
- 3.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salted Caramel sauce, whichever is your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Nonstick spray 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, oil, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat with a handheld electric mixer on high until well mixed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake is set in the center. Remove from the oven and poke holes throughout the cake about one inch apart from each other. Then pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, letting it seep down into the holes.
- Let cool.
- Combine butter and cream cheese and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and the salt.
- Add powdered sugar.
- In a separate bow mix the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks begin to form.
- stir the cream cheese mixture together with the heavy whipping cream.
- Spread Frosting over cake. Then Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with an y other desired toppings.
Leave a Reply