Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies. Think Oatmeal Raisin cookies; But instead of oatmeal it’s Holiday Krispies, and instead of Raisins it’s Marshmallows! Easy recipe for the most delicious Christmas Cookies ever!
Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Cookies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies by Flirting with Flavor. These cookies are loaded with gooey marshmallows, crunchy Holiday krispies, and topped with a delicious Christmas Kiss. They taste fabulous and are absolutely Holiday adorable!
“Soft and crunchy ooey-gooey goodness!” Pretty sure that is the only good way to describe these adorable cookies in Christmas colors and topped with Christmas kisses. A perfect combination of textures and flavor, just in time for the Holidays!
Trust me, y’all want this cookie recipe in your repertoire for this year’s Holiday Cookie trays, Cookie Exchanges, and Bake Sales.
If you’ve been following along, you know I’ve been on a crunch and marshmallows cookie making roll lately! These Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies are smaller in size and have the awesome addition of Christmas Kisses, but otherwise they are very similar to my Hot Cocoa Crunch Cookies and my Marshmallow Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies. You guys these Crunch cookies are amazing! I can’t get enough of them! Clearly, I can’t stop making them! And I definitely can’t stop eating them! Can you tell that I love them oh so very much?! They’re amazing. End of story. Amazing.
*A couple quick tips for your Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies!
- First, The Holiday Rice Krispies Cereal. Two things to know about these.
a- If you cant find the Holiday colors Rice Krispies cereal, you can use the normal ones.
b- In order to keep the Krispies from turning to mush in the moist cookie dough, we have to turn them into a crunchy delicious bit of awesomeness. This is a separate baking procedure. You might as well double the recipe because you’ll want to make these Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies over and over again!
Also, Cool the Krispies mixture completely before adding it to your hot cocoa cookie dough. It cools pretty fast, so while you’re waiting on it to finish cooling, you can begin assembling your dough.
- Next, The marshmallows. Be sure to use Vegan Marshmallows! Regular mini marshmallows contain gelatin. As the cookies bake, regular mini marshmallows dissolve into a mess. The vegan marshmallows hold their shape and bake into gooey amazingness.
I purchase my vegan mini marshmallows at Trader Joe’s, but you can also usually find them in the health food section at your local grocer.
- The Pudding in the Dough. Make sure you use INSTANT Vanilla pudding mix in your Christmas Crunch Elf cookie dough. None of that cook and serve or sugar-free whatever. They wont turn out right if it’s not the instant stuff.
- The Kisses. I actually use the Christmas style Hugs, because I prefer the white chocolate. You can also find mint and cherry flavored Christmas Hugs and Kisses. You can totally personalize and mix this recipe up as you see fit!
Okay y’all, go make these wonderful Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies! Eat them with a steaming mug of Cocoa or Coffee and be sure to share one with your Elf on the Shelf! Haha! Or skip the Elf and be one yourself. Be sure to come back and tell me how much you and yours all loved these delicious Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies and how you can’t wait to eat them again! Haha! Happy Holidays Y’all!!!
- 2.5 cups of Holiday colors Rice Krispies or similar cereal
- 1/4 cup of milk powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4.5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Pour the cereal in a bowl, then add the milk powder, the sugar and the salt and toss them together to mix.
- Now, Add the butter and toss again until they are well coated.
- The mixture will sort of form small clusters.
- Spread the pebbles and clusters onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, until toasted.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One 3.2-3.9 ounce packet instant Vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2.5 cups Krispies Crunch
- 1.5 cups Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- Bag of Holiday Kisses
- Cream together the butter, salt, and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter and flour mixtures together.
- Add the marshmallows, and Krispies crunch.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before shaping and baking.
- On a tray make 1.5 inch cookie dough balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-8 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit on the baking tray for 5 minutes to finish cooking, then dd a kiss to the top of each cookie before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Share the Love and pin this awesome Christmas Crunch Elf Cookies recipe to Pinterest!