Fool-proof Eggnog Creme Brûlée Recipe: silky smooth and creamy perfection custard flavored with bourbon vanilla and nutmeg to bring out the flavors of the season topped with a beautiful bruleed crust of sugar.
Eggnog Creme Brûlée
©Tangled with Taste by TangledwithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Holiday Goodies” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Taste on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Recipe originally posted in 2018, reposted for easy finding.
You guys!!! This recipe for eggnog creme brûlée is ridiculously simple and OH.MY.GOSH! It is just seriously the best thing ever, extremely easy, and so very holiday delicious!
If you’re not digging the eggnog flavor idea, then try my original Creme Brulee recipe. SO AMAZING.
How to make perfect creme brûlée
So making creme brûlée is actually crazy simple IF you have a good recipe. Lucky you, you’ve got a great recipe!!!
However, I’m going to make it even more simple with a couple tips to making perfect creme brûlée:
- Don’t boil that cream; just bring it to a simmer.
- When you pour the cream into the egg mixture make sure you pour the first cup in so it rolls down the side of the bowl. This will slowly warm the eggs without curdling them.
- Use warm water in the “bath” of your cookie sheet. (If that makes zero sense, don’t worry!!! There’s a step by step guide in the recipe so you’ll have perfect results easily).
Easy Creme Brûlée Recipe
When it comes to creme brûlée, no matter the flavor you’re making, there are two important ingredients:
- The Torch, if you don’t have a kitchen torch then get one. It’ll change your life for the better.
- Superfine sugar: you can make the brûlée part of your creme brûlée with normal sugar, however that’ll give you a super thick top crust instead of that delicate perfect crisp one were shooting for.
Foolproof Creme Brûlée
And if I’m being perfectly honest, this recipe is actually a replica of that one except with bourbon vanilla and nutmeg added to the creme mixture for that eggnog flavor.
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Eggnog Creme Brûlée:
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 TBS Bourbon Vanilla
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup and 1 TBS Sugar
- Superfine Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Bring Cream, nutmeg and Vanilla to a simmer over medium-medium-high heat. Drop heat down to low and let simmer for two minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whip sugar and egg yolks for about two minutes until it runs thick and is a pale yellow.
- Keep bowl going to whip yolks while you very slowly drizzle in the warm cream mixture. Be sure to do this slowly so the hot cream doesn't cook or curdle the eggs.
- Place baking ramekins onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Pour custard mixture into ramekins.
- Place tray in oven then pour water in bottom of baking sheet until it comes halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, or until just set. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO TURN EVEN LIGHT BROWN ON TOP.
- Cool ramekins on countertop, then chill in refrigerator for at 3 or more hours, covered in plastic wrap.
- Can be refrigerated for up to three days.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon super fine Sugar over each ramekin of custard; tilting the ramekin from side to side to evenly cover, then dump the excess.
- Use a kitchen torch to quickly (but carefully) brown the sugar. There should be a thin, crisp surface of burned sugar on the top of your custard.
- Top with berries and serve immediately!