Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayFlavorsAreHere #CollectiveBias
Fun decoration and serving ideas, along with delicious recipes for the ultimate “Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar” this Holiday Season!
This content may use referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.
Holiday Coffee and Cocoa Bar
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Girl’s Night Ideas” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Oh baby, it’s getting cold outside! There’s the good, the bad, and the ugly that comes with cold weather; and then there’s the best: a mug of warmth in the evening with friends and family.
I created this beautiful coffee and cocoa bar for a “girl’s night in” with some of my “besties” and it was a complete hit. You may want to create a similar atmosphere for girl’s nights, holiday parties, baby showers, bridal showers and more this holiday season!
When it comes to decor, the trick is to be cohesive but not too matchy-matchy.
For this coffee and hot chocolate bar, I used decorations and serving platters I already had, then tied everything together by putting a giant sign behind the bar and adding in a few key eye-catching pieces of holiday decor.
You don’t want to go overboard with holiday prints and platters because then it will go from classy to tacky. Less is more in this case!
When it comes to a Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar girl’s night or get together, food is not a must. However, I would suggest having a bit of food on hand because food tends to make the heart grow fonder.
For my Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar, I served miniature powdered donuts. Other fun ideas include:
- Struesel-topped Blueberry Muffins (these are a fast and easy option).
- Cranberry Red Pepper Jelly with cheese and crackers (as a savory choice is always good along with the sweets).
- Cinnamon Breadsticks on sticks!
Share your fun Holiday Party food ideas in the comments; I’d love to hear your ideas!
The Coffee and Cocoa
This holiday season it is time to discover a new favorite combination!
I wanted my guests to have options. Some may prefer coffee and some may prefer cocoa and some may prefer a mix of the two! One thing everyone has in common though is a preference for the very best flavor.
Enter: Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee and my own special cocoa recipe using Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag 19 oz from Sam’s Club.
These two really should go hand in hand always because the sweet, rich taste of Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffles brings out the sweet maple flavor of Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee.
Plus guess what?! Enjoy 50 bonus stars with purchase of any one qualifying Starbucks® packaged coffee or K-Cup® pods at Sam’s Club through 11/1/17-12/26/17.
Click here for that awesome link!
(Dear reader, I highly suggest you click on the image above to go shop for these fabulous products online!)
Mix-In’s for your Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar
Every good Coffee and Hot Cocoa Bar is going to have mix-in options.
I was able to purchase all my food and drink products for this party at Sam’s Club (however please hover over the above picture if you would like the option to purchase online).
The mix-ins I used in my Coffee and Cocoa Bar were:
- The other flavors from the Lindt Lindor Assorted Truffles bag (for the hot chocolate recipe I used the dark truffles. The white, milk, and regular dark truffles also make great coffee mix-ins.
- Flavored coffee creamers- peppermint mocha, sweet cream, hazelnut, and salted caramel.
- cinnamon sticks
- chocolate wafer cookie sticks
Other great Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar mix-in ideas include:
- Chocolate chips
- Spice mixtures such as pumpkin spice and powdered cinnamon.
- Whipped cream topping
- Candy canes
Don’t forget Accessories!
Last but not least, a girl should never forget to accessorize; especially for a girl’s night!
Cute cups, stirring spoons, and napkins are the finishing touches you will need to take your party from cute to TOTALLY FABULOUS!
I suggest color palette matching, but not print matching.
Remember: No matchy matchy. We’re going for classy gourmet here!!!
Okay y’all, enough talk, let’s get this party started!
Recipe for Lindt LINDOR Truffle Hot Chocolate:
- 10-15 Lindt LINDOR Truffles
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups Coffee Creamer (I use sweet cream flavor, but it's totally your choice which flavor you want to go with!)
- Dash of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Heat over medium-medium-low heat, whisking often, until melted and smooth.
- Make sure to stir in the corners of the pan because the chocolate will melt and gather in the edges.
- Taste test and add more milk or Chocolate according to preference.
- Serve hot!