Brought to you by Dr Pepper® and Albertsons Companies.
Oven baked chicken wings glazed in a sweet heat Dr Pepper Habanero Glaze then quickly seared on the grill makes for the best Dr Pepper Habanero Wings ever!
Dr Pepper Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
©Tangled with Taste by TangledWithTaste.com
Pin it to your “Tailgating Food” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Tangled with Tasteon Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This content may use referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.
Sweet with a bite of heat, these Dr Pepper® Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings are beyond good! Serve them up to your guests, at your parties, family dinners, and tailgating get-togethers!
PARTIES ARE MORE FUN WITH DR PEPPER!
Dear Reader, do you see the title of this paragraph? It’s the total truth! Haha!
Dr Pepper is my absolute favorite soft drink ever of all time. You will rarely find me without a can or cup of my favorite Dr Pepper and that is because I think it is absolutely fabulous. And since it’s so great to drink I thought to my super genius self:
“Hey Self! Why not cook with Dr Pepper too?!”
And that is how these glorious Dr Pepper Habanero Chicken Wings were born!
Can you cook with Dr Pepper
Where do football players go shopping in the off-season?
The tackle shop.
FYI: You will need Dr Pepper for this recipe.
Football Party Food
Why did the football say “owwwww”
Someone kicked it.
It’s football season!!!
My favorite part of every game day? The food.
Don’t get me wrong! I love me some good tailgating, face painting, and screaming at referees just as much as the next girl! But let’s be honest, everybody really comes for the food and drinks.
What do football players drink?
If they’re smart: Dr Pepper! However, the correct answer for the joke is Penal-tea.
If you’ve ever been to a party with friends at my house then you know there are always three things present:
- Good Friends!
- Great Food! And,
- Dr Pepper.
All other activities and party makings are variable, but like the northern star; good friends, great food and Dr Pepper are a constant “must-have” in my life.
So today I am going to share with you the perfect game day menu starting with these amazing Dr Pepper Habanero Wings!
Mmmm, y’all are gonna love these!
Super Bowl Party Foods
Why is the football stadium hot after the game?
Because all the fans have left.
- For your game day feast, may I suggest:
- These Dr Pepper Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
(and don’t forget to serve them with celery sticks and herbed ranch because wings just aren’t wings without those alongside!)
- Quesadilla Nachos
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon Marmalade
- Sweet Heat Chili
For your game day treats, may I suggest:
- Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
- Cookie Crumble Marshmallow Brownies
- Cinnamon Breadsticks with Cream Cheese Fluff
For your game day drinks, may I suggest:
- Dirty Dr Pepper
- These Dr Pepper Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
Why can’t you play football in the Jungle?
Because there are too many cheetahs.
Dear reader, that menu above sounds divine doesn’t it?! That’s because it is divine, and more so!
Get to it friends!
How to make Wings
Why did the football go to the bank?
To get his quarterback.
Two quick notes before you get to cooking:
- Trimming the wings yourself: You can purchase full wings and cut them at the joints and clip the wing tips. In the recipe I call for them to already be trimmed mainly because the first time I made wings I had to trim them myself and it totally grossed me out, so I am trying to save you the trouble: You are so welcome! XOXOXOX.
- Habaneros. The recipe calls for 1-2 habaneros that have been deseeded. First, do not touch your eyes. Also, be sure to wash your hands really well after dealing with habaneros. If you can wear gloves while cutting the habaneros then I would totally suggest it, although it is not necessarily needed.
Then, you should know that using only one habanero gives you a very subtle heat. If you want some real kick then use two habaneros!
- Be sure to brush your wings with the glaze often throughout the cooking process! This guarantees a nice caramelization of the glaze on the wings for fullest flavor.
- Throwing the wings on the grill is totally a preference thing and isn’t actually needed. I do it for two reasons. First, presentation purposes: wings look prettier with grill marks. Then second, a quick sear crisps up the skin a bit, which I really love.
I said two quick notes: Obviously I can’t count.
Enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Dr Pepper Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings:
- 5+ lbs Wings, trimmed (split and tips removed)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- 4 TBS Brown Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 TBS minced Garlic
- 1/2 TBS minced Chives
- 1-2 Habenero Peppers, minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer until the glaze mixture has halved.
- Moderately season wings with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Lay wings on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush wings with the glaze.
- Bake wings for 35 minutes, pulling them from the oven every 8 minutes to brush with more glaze and flip them.
- After 35 minutes of cooking time, remove wings from the oven and transfer to a pre-heated 400F-450F degree grill.
- Brush them down one more time with the glaze, then
- let them grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with other great foods.